OT(?): Anybody else sick of the GODDY-bumps?

BOBA JFET

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that to do that, BillyWa, you need to post excessive posts with no content at all, or repetitive dogmatic arguments; as opposed to your current strategy of being a real gigging guy who can play well, as well as hang -not to mention party with- attractive members of the opposite sex on a pretty regular basis, which is pretty damn admirable in my opinion.

So: no, being a coolass mother{censored}er doesn't add you to anybody's ignore list!

-Hoax

• Members

Originally posted by Cruel Hoax

I think that to do that, BillyWa, you need to post excessive posts with no content at all, or repetitive dogmatic arguments; as opposed to your current strategy of being a real gigging guy who can play well, as well as hang -not to mention party with- attractive members of the opposite sex on a pretty regular basis, which is pretty damn admirable in my opinion.

So: no, being a coolass mother{censored}er doesn't add you to anybody's ignore list!

-Hoax

Wow, stroking my ego! You win a pretty orange Waldorf XT! (10-voice of course) Just pay shipping charge of $695.

• Members
Originally posted by Phineas
I never cease to be impressed by your erudition, FMP. :)

Don't be too impressed, I had to go look up "erudition" at dictionary.com :rolleyes:

And I absolutely love your sense of humour. That Jack Hotop Achtung Post to Pighood about Boeings landing on his forehead is an absolute classic. :D:D:D:D The funniest thing I've ever read. And I mean EVER.

Do you remember where or when that was? It sounds like I'd get a kick out of it but unfortunately I don't remember posting it (I just heard "STRIKE TWO!" chime in the back of my head).

Not only that, but a new form of humour. Not irony, not sarcasm. What the hell would you call it??? A potatoism? :D:D:D

I think I just read too much gonzo journalism and maddox...

• Members
Originally posted by urbanscallywag

To set the record straight, I fear no one's potato.
:eek:

The fear hasn't spread to Cali yet, that's all. Last I hear it's somewhere in Ohio. But it's coming and one day you'll know why you should've been afraid all this time...

...and that reason is....

• Members

Originally posted by BOBA JFET

See, here is the thing. Now, this may not mean much to you, but I am honestly considering putting you on my ignore list simply because I know it would virtually eliminate the posts in question. Chris100 does it sometimes too, but that's kind of not really a problem to me because he's kind of already on that list. I'm really hesitant to do that because I don't actually have a problem with you personally. Actually, I think your a pretty cool guy in general. It's just that frankly the vast majority of your posts are GODDY-related, and I really dislike it that much.

Well, ya know what Boba? I could give a {censored} less whether you LIKE my posts or not. So by all means, PLEASE put me on ignore. Your life will be so much better.

Next!....

Oh Yeah...

GODDY!

• Members

Originally posted by Smokin-Man

Well, ya know what Boba? I could give a {censored} less whether you LIKE my posts or not. So by all means, PLEASE put me on ignore. Your life will be so much better.

Next!....

Oh Yeah...

GODDY!

That's..........

...wait for it.......

GODDY!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Smokin-Man

Next!....

Oh Yeah...

GODDY!

Hehe, if you didn't care you wouldn't have replied, and you certainly wouldn't have tried to antagonize. :D You do care, and I feel honored. Wanker.

• Members

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't see why the GODDY-bumping has to be done on absolutely any thread for no particular reason. What do you gain, especially given that the poll results suggest that a large majority of the forum don't appreciate it? I know asking for a logical explanation regarding something that is inherently illogical (which is perhaps a major part of it's appeal) might be asking a little much. But please understand that for me (and probably many others) the whole thing is made all the more vexing because nobody on the other side of the issue is very interested in explaining the behavior at all, and pretty much everybody who regularly engages in the GODDY-bumps appears to be much more interested in troll-like antagonizing than anything approaching rational discourse. I can't pretend I'm perfect or that I'm above mud-slinging either, but I think that if we don't resolve this whole thing somehow it's going to be a continued source of tension around here, and that's not good for anybody.

• Members

Actually, I rather don't mind if GODDY just becomes a part of your signature. There's an option in the user cp just to hide signatures, so that's pretty much ideal. I don't really like to put people on my ignore list when I don't have any personal issues with them. Also keep in mind I'm not asking anybody to stop saying(writing) GODDY, I just don't see why it has to begin every new page outside of the p120dUdE thread.

Archived