OT(?): Anybody else sick of the GODDY-bumps?

BOBA JFET

• Members

Originally posted by BOBA JFET

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't see why the GODDY-bumping has to be done on absolutely any thread for no particular reason. What do you gain, especially given that the poll results suggest that a large majority of the forum don't appreciate it? I know asking for a logical explanation regarding something that is inherently illogical (which is perhaps a major part of it's appeal) might be asking a little much. But please understand that for me (and probably many others) the whole thing is made all the more vexing because nobody on the other side of the issue is very interested in explaining the behavior at all, and pretty much everybody who regularly engages in the GODDY-bumps appears to be much more interested in troll-like antagonizing than anything approaching rational discourse. I can't pretend I'm perfect or that I'm above mud-slinging either, but I think that if we don't resolve this whole thing somehow it's going to be a continued source of tension around here, and that's not good for anybody.

I completely understand what you are trying to say here, Boba. The whole thing is simply a bunch of childish nonsense that I started a while back.

For what its worth, I DO spend time posting useful stuff too.

If it will make you feel any better, I will keep my Goddiness to my own threads, the P120Dude thread and in my signature.

I look at this the way: Anything on these forums that I don't care for... I simply scroll PAST those entries, or put the person posting obnoxious/abrasive/hate-filled crap on ignore, its really that simple.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Fear My Potato

Originally posted by Phineas

I never cease to be impressed by your erudition, FMP.
:)

Don't be too impressed, I had to go look up "erudition" at dictionary.com
:rolleyes:

Just a word. Couldn't use learning or education instead. Not quite the same thing. ;) If I said well-read, then I'd have to come clean and say I've never read him and never will. :D

And I absolutely love your sense of humour. That Jack Hotop Achtung Post to Pighood about Boeings landing on his forehead is an absolute classic. :D The funniest thing I've ever read. And I mean EVER.

Do you remember where or when that was? It sounds like I'd get a kick out of it but unfortunately I don't remember posting it (I just heard "STRIKE TWO!" chime in the back of my head).

Phew! Took a little bin diving but it was well worth it. Posted in its entirety further below:

Not only that, but a new form of humour. Not irony, not sarcasm. What the hell would you call it??? A potatoism? :D

I think I just read too much gonzo journalism and maddox...

Fair enough. In honour of the late good doctor himself, Hunter S. (for {censored}disturber) ;) Thompson I'll christen it a Gonzoism for posterity.

Now the post:

Warning triangle in the corner

Originally posted by pighood

Just watched the entire half-hour NAMM unveiling.

I'll pay $800...no more. Totally uninspiring.

AND, it's impossible for a human being to have a larger
forehead
than Jack Hotop. One could land a
Boeing
on that pate.

This is simply not true...Boeings use VOR/DME technology in most cases, and not only is his forehead not in my Airport Facilities Directory, it probably doesn't have VOR
or
DME at that location.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

This is simply not true...Boeings use VOR/DME technology in most cases, and not only is his forehead not in my Airport Facilities Directory, it probably doesn't have VOR or DME at that location.

LOL! A true classic! :D

• Members

Hey! If we make Goddyism a religion, we can do collections at the services and raise 30k for Scubyfan.

Why, you ask?

BECAUSE IT'S JUST PLAIN GODDY :D

That nostalgic, old-fashioned kind of Goddy. The kind of Goddy that only happens on full moons, and last time it happened grown men were WEEPING. Policemen were turning in their badges! Dick Clark finally died!

• Members

Hey! If we make Goddyism a religion, we can do collections at the services and raise 30k for Scubyfan.

Why, you ask?

BECAUSE IT'S JUST PLAIN GODDY
:D

That nostalgic, old-fashioned kind of Goddy. The kind of Goddy that only happens on full moons, and last time it happened grown men were WEEPING. Policemen were turning in their badges! Dick Clark finally died!

I'm hearing Hunter again. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;):D

Let's hear it for atavistic pursuits (another FPM Great Line!)

{censored}, I think I'm gonna get all weepy. Better go roll a fresh Goddy. Not for myself, you know. FOR SMOKIN-MAN!!!!

• Members

Why, you ask?

BECAUSE IT'S JUST PLAIN GODDY

Gimme some o dat old-tyme Goddyism!

• Members
Originally posted by Birdienumnum

It's not Goddyism, it's Goddeism I was talking about, as in God + Deism, which is an ancient religious philosophy. Many of the founding fathers in the good old USA were Deists rather than Christian.
;)

Interesting way to look at this, BUT it only fits if GODDY is based in religious terms ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Smokin-Man

Interesting way to look at this, BUT it only fits if GODDY is based in religious terms
;)

That's what I meant tho, let's start a cult! The one and only KSS cult, the cult of Goddeism! :D

You can be worshipped. I will be the treasurer and collect the cheques. :o

• Members
Originally posted by Birdienumnum

That's what I meant tho, let's start a cult! The one and only KSS cult, the cult of Goddeism!

You can be worshipped. I will be the treasurer and collect the cheques.
:o

Gosh, I don't know, Birdie. It sounds great and all, but based on the PM I got from Boba Fjett today, I think it would simply serve to piss him off even MORE!

Can we have that here?

Can we????

Archived