Any kazooists out there?

• Members

I just got a kazoo at the weekend. What a great instrument! Just got a basic plastic one for 2.50 but I'm saving for one of the good ones which cost up to twice as much.

Now I need to work on my techique and was wondering of anyone had any tips. Who were the great classical, jazz, blues and rock players that I should listen to? I belive there's a book called 'The Kazoo Styles of Bob Dylan', a companion to the classic harmonica book. Does anyone have a used copy for sale?

• Members

I just got a kazoo at the weekend. What a great instrument! Just got a basic plastic one for 2.50 but I'm saving for one of the good ones which cost up to twice as much.

Now I need to work on my techique and was wondering of anyone had any tips. Who were the great classical, jazz, blues and rock players that I should listen to? I belive there's a book called 'The Kazoo Styles of Bob Dylan', a companion to the classic harmonica book. Does anyone have a used copy for sale?

I've got a copy. But I'm not ready to sell.

After playing Kazoo for several years, I've just recently graduated to the mouth harp. Boy is it hard!!!!

• Members

I saw a lady on Conan who had a PHd in kazoo. She had written a book about the possibilities of her instrument of choice and performed a kazoo duet with Conan. The entire time, Conan was making her out to be a fool, and she was doing her best to present herself professionally.

• Members

Dude, troll on bro...nobody here cares about your transparent, BS attempt anyway. Betcha ya had no idea that the main theme to 'Crosstown Traffic' was Jimi humming through a comb covered in wax paper to get a 'kazoo' effect...that's not all...the 'Wiki' folks compiled an interesting repertoire for the membranophone, check it out, troll boy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazoo

• Members

I think the Kazoo would add a bit of class to those weather pictures and perhaps make people take the plight of the environment more seriously. I think Benny Hill found the Kazoo a very classy instrument... oh wait, that was a sax... never mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Dude, troll on bro...nobody here cares about your transparent, BS attempt anyway. Betcha ya had no idea that the main theme to 'Crosstown Traffic' was Jimi humming through a comb covered in wax paper to get a 'kazoo' effect...that's not all...the 'Wiki' folks compiled an interesting repertoire for the membranophone, check it out, troll boy...

I did know about Jimi (I think I read it on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazoo) Good to know some forum members have a sense of humour, even if you don't seem to. I've made great progress too since my last post.

Archived