OT: Difficult keyboard songs you know how to play

Pawnz

• Members

Beatles:

Fool on the Hill

Lady Madonna

Intro to Martha My Dear :)

I learned 'Martha My Dear' from a one handed camerman when I worked in a TV studio in the late '70s. He would put an eraser in the hook that was at the end of his right arm so he could play single notes without clicking the keys.

The hardest song for me to play live was 'Jump' because I played both keyboard and guitar (in a three piece band). It was bad if I forgot to turn the guitar down after the solo. It would start to feedback while I had both hands on the keyboard.

The most challenging piano song for me was ELP's 'Trilogy'. Keith Emerson was a monstor and a great inspiration to me - I learned a lot from trying to play his stuff.

this is pretty cool...

[video=youtube_share;ufL6jEoEn1Q]

• Members

Geez..I don't know what I was smoking when I listed that stuff 12 years ago.

I still haven't memorized the 27 pages of Rhapsody in Blue but I have made admirable progress in those 12 years. Maybe I should give up and learn the Bohemian Rhapsody In Blue mashup but it would go over the heads of the crowd at the piano bar where I play- basically a sports bar with a big screen TV and me on a digital grand at the opposite end, which almost feels like Battle of the Bands. The competition is pretty stiff now so I spend a fair amount of time searching youTube for good piano-only arrangements of pop and rock songs (ala the VK Goes Wild channel and others). In particular it seems hard to get noticed by millennials.

Archived