Juno G video at RolandUS.com...(One of a kind)

xmor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by The Audacity Works

Silky T is cool as hell. One of the nicest guys here, and immensely talented.
:(

Juno-G: 768 preset + 256 GM2 patches, 36 preset + 9 GM2 drumkits, 64 performances.

I rest my case.

In the meantime, I'll be waiting for a trueXP30 replacement.

• Members

No comments on the video. Regarding the product, why would anyone select this over the Fantom Xa or X6? For just a few hundred more, you get more expansion capabalities, better keys (aftertouch, etc.)

I appreciate Roland trying to introduce a low price point product, but.....

• Members

Silky T is cool as hell. One of the nicest guys here, and immensely talented.
:(

No doubt about the guys talent. He did deliver one of the better demos for a product. I agree with Mike51.

I'd go for the Juno-G if I already didn't have a keyboard. I've also had much more creative success with Roland's Grooveboxes (MC-505 and MC-909) so I'm going for the MC-808.

• Members

Originally posted by b3keys

No comments on the video. Regarding the product, why would anyone select this over the Fantom Xa or X6? For just a few hundred more, you get more expansion capabalities, better keys (aftertouch, etc.)

I appreciate Roland trying to introduce a low price point product, but.....

The Xa has no audio tracks, a smaller screen, and costs $400 more. The X6 will set you back an extra GRAND if you want it over the Juno G. Check the prices yourself on americanmusical.com

• Members
Originally posted by brzilian

That totalled roughly 1,300 patches.

Yes, but not truly unique ones. There's quite a bit of chaff in there :(.

(saying this as an XP-30 owner with the Keys of the 60's and 70's expansion and the Vintage Synths expansion)

• Members

I think the Juno G and the Sh 201 actually look pretty neat for the price and target. I also think roland and korg seem to be a bit more aggressive and smart about cashing in on the analog/va sound unlike yamaha (who own sequential name and technology I believe) - why the hell doesnt yamaha come out with something - anything - in this market???? Is it because yamaha thinks it is too much of a niche target...seems like one of the bigger niches to me.

• Members

Just to make sure people don't underrate the new Juno, I have created an info page at Roland CLAN:
http://rolandclan.info/en/model/juno-g/

Juno-G includes all the synthesis, effects and sampling power of the bigger Fantom brothers, with the only exception being no support for multisamples. It has a full-blown synth engine, 128 voices, WAVE/AIFF sample import, resampling etc. It's actually a pretty powerful machine, and for a little more than $1k having all that with 4 audio tracks, up to 0.5 G RAM and PC card storage... This is something very cool I think. I'd go for it instead of Xa or bigger X6 if I didn't have my Fantom-S.

• Members

Originally posted by lakelanddude

Who said it can not sample?? Duh...

I did. I work for Roland. It can sample in pretty much the same way that the XV-5080 can sample. That is; it's not a sampler. But it can record 4 tracks of digital audio, edit them in a really arbitrary fashion, and then, through a series of edit functions, assign said audio files to a list. On one hand, I could say "Hey! The Juno-G samples!" and have fifty thousand people down my throat complaining how it's not a proper sampler. On the other hand, I could say "Hey! It's not a proper sampler!" and have a bunch of guys such as yourself say "Yeah, but if I do this and this and this, you can kinda manipulate it into a sample playback engine like the XV-5080, even though it sports nothing like the Roland Fantom's sampling engine. So, by definition, it's a sampler!"

So... What answer would you like to hear this evening? People are already up in arms about the name...

• Members

I did. I work for Roland. It can sample in pretty much the same way that the XV-5080 can sample. That is; it's not a sampler. But it can record 4 tracks of digital audio, edit them in a really arbitrary fashion, and then, through a series of edit functions, assign said audio files to a list. On one hand, I could say "Hey! The Juno-G samples!" and have fifty thousand people down my throat complaining how it's not a proper sampler. On the other hand, I could say "Hey! It's not a proper sampler!" and have a bunch of guys such as yourself say "Yeah, but if I do this and this
and this
, you can
kinda
manipulate it into a sample playback engine like the XV-5080, even though it sports nothing like the Roland Fantom's sampling engine. So, by definition, it's a sampler!"

So... What answer would you like to hear this evening? People are already up in arms about the name...

You might find AW, like the Korg guys, you can never win! :D

Oh, and there is the motto - the customer is always right! ;)

Archived