What makes a Great Guitar Teacher?

• Members

To me, a great guitar teacher is:

-Someone who plays in a way that inspires me to want to play like them

-Is experienced out in the world

-Understands how their students learn and adjusts there teaching to accommodate the student

-Is patient, but not pandering.

-Is interested in continued learning.

-Understands that their students have valid points of view and is never dismissive.

• Members

someone who knows their stuff obviosly,lets you off paying now and again ,is willing to do overtime now and again for no extra fee ,shows they care.

uh, thats a good prostitute.

A good guitar teacher has great chops and a lot of knowledge, and can provide a path for you to gain them efficiently.

• Members

I think it depends a little on the skill level of the student. An accomplished player with a coach is in a different situation than a beginner learning his first cowboy chords. For the former, good performance skills are important in the coach because you are dealing with details and subtleties. For the latter, patience and teacher-like skills are more important.

• Members

The two main things that great teachers possess: patience and a good ability to communicate ideas clearly to the student.

Bingo! You, go to the head of the class.:thu:

If you don't have these two qualities a student is will learn nothing from the teacher except he's not learning anything or very little from the teacher except he wants a new teacher.

• Members

It depends.

-When you're teaching a newbie, it's all about patience.

-When you're dealing with someone who is lazy or does not have the time to be dedicated, start prodding a bit.

-When you're dealing with a potential prodigy, be frank and much firmer.

However, it's always important to not drive a rift between yourself and the student, because that's how you lose business.

• Members

A good guitar teacher in my opinion, is one that takes into consideration what you want to learn. Patients is definitely a huge factor. Any teacher for that matter needs to realize that the same technique used on one student, may not be the technique that will work for another student. A great guitar player may not be a great teacher...

Archived