• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the Backing Track Site

"Free Backing Tracks"

at the guitar lesson review site,

GreenAsJade gave "Free Backing Tracks" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAsJade

"These are top class backing tracks: song-length varied tracks, not just short repeating loops, very real sounding: seems like real musicians recorded these.

"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's a free jam track I made that gives you practice in all seven modes of G major (G Ionian, A Dorian, B Phrygian, C Lydian, D Mixolydian, E Aeolian (aka Em), and F# Locrian). I've got 30 something or so instructional guitar videos on my youtube channel ( GJaunz ), so be sure to check it out!

Gianmarc

• Members

View Post

Yeah, we really need some new lessons or reviews posted at TGLG, however I haven't been surfing guitar lessons of late...

GaJ

Don't worry.....there's plenty at the site now to keep anyone busy for an awfully long time smile.gif.

• Members

Note (especially to GJanz right now): it's much more effective to add the lesson at The Guitar Lesson Guide directly, rather than post it here.

If you add it at TGLG, you get a post here automatically anyhow, plus you get the benefit of people forever more being able to find it through search on TGLG, and to review it, wheras here it quickly disappears into the depths of history.

GaJ

• Members

View Post

Note (especially to GJanz right now): it's much more effective to add the lesson at The Guitar Lesson Guide directly, rather than post it here.

If you add it at TGLG, you get a post here automatically anyhow, plus you get the benefit of people forever more being able to find it through search on TGLG, and to review it, whereas here it quickly disappears into the depths of history.

GaJ

It's a great site....totally non-commercial. It's a great way to get to the best lessons quickly, and save yourself a lot of time sifting through rubbish!

Nice one, GaJ!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the Guitar Insight Blog

"Dan's Guitar Blog"

GreenAsJade gave "Dan's Guitar Blog" 4 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 4 stars.

"Interesting and chirpy blog. Nothing "must read", but some useful reminders.

I tossed up whether this was a 3 or a 4 star blog.

I ended up giving it a 4 because it addresses the main thing that gives me hassles: stage fright.

"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the YouTube Lesson

"Beat It (solo) - Guitar Lesson with Tabs, Part One of Two"

GreenAsJade gave "Beat It (solo) - Guitar Lesson with Tabs, Part One of Two" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"This is the exemplar "YouTube" guitar lesson.

As I said in the description: it has the lot. It has background on the solo, how it was recorded. It has fast takes and slow takes. It has TAB along with the part being played, with important parts highlighted.

"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

polishpaul

posted new review of of the Video Lesson Site

"Active Melody"

polishpaul gave "Active Melody" 4 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 4 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by polishpaul

"Definitely worth a look if you need some help getting into playing guitar....plenty of free lessons, mainly looking at the blues.

For the rank beginner, site owner Brian offers a free multi-part video course to take you from tuning up for the first time to actually playing songs.

"

Archived