• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ridiculous

posted new review of of the YouTube Lesson

"Basic Strumming For Guitar"

at the guitar lesson review site,

Ridiculous gave "Basic Strumming For Guitar" 4 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 4 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous

"very nice video describing how to strum a guitar and how to get different sounds using basic chords. if you're a beginner, this needs to be the first video to check out!"

• Members

Ridiculous

posted new review of of the Web Video Lesson

"How To Play Guitar In 20 Minutes (Part 1)"

Ridiculous gave "How To Play Guitar In 20 Minutes (Part 1)" 1 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 1 stars.

"link is no longer valid anyway..."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAsJade

View Post

Honestly, I'd prefer you add it at The Guitar Lesson Guide, which will generate a posts here anyhow, rather than just adding a post here. TGLG is searchable and reviewable. Here your post is just one post in a thread that will be obscured in a middle page in no time...

GaJ

Thanks GJ

I need to check out your site again. Wasn't for sure how it all works. I understand what you are saying and I am just trying to help you along on your "a lesson a day". So if I have any ? I'll pm you. I like what you are doing, great help to all of us.

• Members

Ridiculous

posted new review of of the Video Lesson Site

"JustinGuitar.com"

Ridiculous gave "JustinGuitar.com" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"what a great looking site with great info and lessons. i've seen this guy on youtube before but never visited his site because i just assumed he'd be trying to sell something, but he's not, he just encourages donations to keep the site free for everyone. seems like a guy that just loves the guitar and loves teaching the guitar. i will deffinately be visiting his site OFTEN!! and thanks to this site for leading me to it!"

• Members

Ridiculous

posted new review of of the Text/Audio Lesson

"Practicing"

Ridiculous gave "Practicing" 4 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 4 stars.

"pretty good little read. it makes a good point. and it's not the first time i've heard this, so there must be some truth behind it. like the person before me said, "i reckon it's a must read"!!!"

• Members

Ridiculous

"Fretboard Note Memorization!"

Ridiculous gave "Fretboard Note Memorization!" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"THE BEST! if you wanna learn the notes on the fretboard and need a good way to do it. watch this guy's three part series and you'll get it!"

• Members

GreenAsJade

GreenAsJade gave "Fretboard Note Memorization!" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAsJade

"I have been searching searching for a good way to memorize the fretboard, and at last I think I found it.

Top lesson!

"

• Members

polishpaul

polishpaul gave "Fretboard Note Memorization!" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by polishpaul

"A simple, logical method! Time will be needed, of course, but the guy doesn't make any wild promises along the lines of learning it all in a day.

I expected him to give more emphasis on drilling the notes in groups of three, say, to aid memorization....there are just three "step patterns" for a three-note sequence. In C major:

BC D, EF G,

D EF, A BC

C D E, , F G A, G A B

Good videos by a man with a nice voice!

"

• Members

Ridiculous

posted new review of of the Video Lesson Site

"Guitar Jamz"

Ridiculous gave "Guitar Jamz" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"Marty rocks! Check out his site, i'll bet you enjoy his attitude and enthusiasim as much as i do!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived