• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the Promotional Site

"A.C.E. Guitar Method"

at the guitar lesson review site,

GreenAsJade gave "A.C.E. Guitar Method" 1 star, leaving it with an overall rating of 1 star.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAsJade

"If you are looking for hype, here is some very polished hype.

However, in terms of a guitar lesson site, it's useless. It doesn't tell you anything about the lessons it's offering.

"

• Members

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the EBook

"A.C.E. Guitar Method (PDF)"

GreenAsJade gave "A.C.E. Guitar Method (PDF)" 4 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 4 stars.

"This book us well produced and solid material, covering what I would call "positional basics". If I summarise the ACE Guitar Method based on this book, it's "know your fretboard notes and shapes: here's how".

The author is clearly very keen on this method of helping you learn to be able to "see" the fretboard, on how important this is, and enthused by the difference that this method makes in speeding up that process. I reckon that's all fair. I liked this method, too, when I came across it: the best I'd found so far.

I think if you spent $20 on the book you wouldn't feel ripped off, unless you expected it to live up to the claim of "learn the guitar in hours not years". It certainly can help you to learn the _notes on_ the guitar more quickly (as the testamonials for this method on the video attest), but this is not the same as "learning the guitar".

"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the YouTube Lesson

"Adele - Turning Tables - Easy Acoustic songs guitar lessons - tutorial - how to play"

GreenAsJade gave "Adele - Turning Tables - Easy Acoustic songs guitar lessons - tutorial - how to play" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"Excellent lesson. Good pace, nicely presented.

"

• Members

View Post

GreenAsJade

posted new review of of the YouTube Lesson

"Adele - Turning Tables - Easy Acoustic songs guitar lessons - tutorial - how to play"

GreenAsJade gave "Adele - Turning Tables - Easy Acoustic songs guitar lessons - tutorial - how to play" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

Nice song to learn, thanks for posting

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

polishpaul

posted new review of of the Backing Track Site

"Wikiloops"

polishpaul gave "Wikiloops" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by polishpaul

"A site dedicated to the ultimate goal - making music with others!

Quite amazing as the whole thing is run by just one guy.

I'll be checking in regularly."

• Members

guitarville

posted new review of of the Backing Track Site

"Wikiloops"

guitarville gave "Wikiloops" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarville

"Well, I don't think I have to buy "Band in a Box" now with this website. It truly is a musicians best free friend. All the backing tracks are free, and so many to choose from. I give it a five star+."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

guitarville

posted new review of of the Video Lesson Site

"http://learningguitarnow.com/blog/category/free-blues-guitar-lessons/"

guitarville gave "http://learningguitarnow.com/blog/category/free-blues-guitar-lessons/" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"It's all about the blues. John can play and teach. Many useful riffs, but for free, a very good site to spend the evening on. Many evenings that is."

• Members

guitarville

posted new review of of the Video Lesson Site

"http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnandMaster"

guitarville gave "http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnandMaster" 5 stars, leaving it with an overall rating of 5 stars.

"If you have the time, good ole Steve is there to help you. Always got a smile. Very good lessons. Good teacher, too!"

Archived