Could you recommend a virtual drum software sound good and easy to use?

chenjiun1973021

• Members

I think a large pitfall of the drum sequencing software out there has been eclipsed by people making drum loops available and then you can string

together loops of real drums that far exceed the rhythmic quality of a drum sequencer/sampler.

I've used a ton, both hardware and sofware. If it were me, I'd go and buy a drumkit and use that because I can play real drums myself but for the

convenience and cleanliness of recording I go and use various drum loops now.

When I need very specific programmatic breaks and the like I can program it out on my old Roland R-5 human rhythm composer MIDI'ed to a software

24-bit drum sampler or the like.

Sometimes I'll layer drum tracks: a drum loop with fills played by me and flown in from another program etc.

• Members

I like the Sonic Reality's Infinite Player. Excellent sounding samples and grooves allowing you to mix programed material with naturally played loops seamlessly. Kits are sold ala carte allowing you to get only what you need rather than a large collection of kits you'll never use. You can often pick it up in a group buy from esoundz for a great deal bundled with a few libraries or additional VST effects.

• Members

EZ drummer is ridiculously easy to great and even complex drum tracks quickly done. It has a great library of midi drum patterns that you literally can drag into your sequencer software and preview against your other tracks. Its very simple to do and you can sculpt complex drum parts (or simple ones) for your music.

The sounds are already processed so it requires extremely minimal effects to get a great sound.

• Members

i've got EZ Drummer, I bought it online via their website, I think it was around $180 USD, it's easy to use and sound pertty good. Before that I had an Alesis SR16 so I haven't really compared EZ to other drum software but I like it and it sounds good enough for me, It has a stand alone application but to my knowledge you can only play one type of drum beat at a time, so you can not string together different drum beats into one long chain, you will need some other program to create the chain like Reaper or whatever

• Members

i've got EZ Drummer, I bought it online via their website, I think it was around $180 USD, it's easy to use and sound pertty good. Before that I had an Alesis SR16 so I haven't really compared EZ to other drum software but I like it and it sounds good enough for me, It has a stand alone application but to my knowledge you can only play one type of drum beat at a time, so you can not string together different drum beats into one long chain, you will need some other program to create the chain like Reaper or whatever

Using a midi/audio software package such as sonar/cubase (maybe reaper? im not familiar with it), EZ drummer works as a VST audio plugin in an audio track. You can then open a midi track and point its output at the EZ drummer plugin and literally drag and drop patterns onto the midi track in your song and program extremely complex parts made up of various beats. Its VERY streamlined, and the way the plugin operates, you can even preview loops in the sequencer by looping a section of your song, and then just clicking the patterns in EZ's groove selection window in realtime as the section plays back to see how different patterns fit. This is great for matching up fills to your song.

• Members

Drumcore.

It's now a VST plugin. It has great sounding audio and MIDI loops, fills, and hits, well recorded, played by really really good drummers.

You can just use the stereo loops, or use your controller (through the Drumcore standalone) to play the drumkits. In sequencing software, you can use the MIDI loops, etc., edit them, play directly into the drumkits and record as MIDI or audio, etc.

submersiblemusic.com

• Members

I think a large pitfall of the drum sequencing software out there has been eclipsed by people making drum loops available and then you can string

together loops of real drums that far exceed the rhythmic quality of a drum sequencer/sampler.

I've used a ton, both hardware and sofware. If it were me, I'd go and buy a drumkit and use that because I can play real drums myself but for the

convenience and cleanliness of recording I go and use various drum loops now.

this.

big fish has some great products available in a slew of different file types.

I recommend LA drums volume 2. has all the varying loops you could ever ask for.

Archived