Unsure about your pedals/rig - let me rate it for you!

hangwire

• Members
Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Messy pedalboard :

img.php?loc=loc194&image=813_pedalboard.

TC Pedals drawer :

img.php?loc=loc251&image=22a_effects.jpg

Whole mess :

img.php?loc=loc189&image=989_studio_rack

not my style of amps or guitars... not really a rack guy... but just thinking of lugging that around is painful... as a studio set up, i bet you are in heaven man... too complex for me to jump into... but a positiev rating on your range of sounds...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by hangwire

could not tell teh amp... overall very psoitive, nice choies.. tele issues... but it is beat up so whatever, right ... probably one of the better overall ratingings... but I would consoldate for sure if it was mine...

Amp is a '73 Non-MV Princeton Reverb, consolidate? Eek, I was thinking about adding a DOD Wah and putting my analogue delay back on the board.

DJ

• Members
Originally posted by CS

no style listed...what is that orange one in the top right? i see you are selling a bunch... is that strat full size... looks small... you know my LP opinion... I think there are better options than the full drive.. the amp and cab is a nice shot... overall...i would hate that rig... but if you kept the selling pedals... it is positive... but without, not much there really but dirt...

• Members

Originally posted by BmoreTele

My current rig:

1972 Telecaster

Board#1

BCS Bent

RM Voodoo Vibe

Hermida Zendrive

Hermida Mosferatu

MIG*Boost

EB volume pedal

Board #2

Moog MuRF

Moog 12 Stage Phaser

Arion SAD-1

Maneco Nanolooper 32

Boss DD20

EHX Pulsar

Fender Bassman head (modded to one channel with presence stack and spring reverb onboard)

2x12 Gibson cab w/Ultrasonic speakers

style - roots spacebilly

nice... i might look into condensing down the dirt... but good range, especially for your style... DD20 opinion notwithstanding since i know your delay past... positive

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Yesterday my basement rig of doom was:

Fender MIJ 72 Thinline Tele RI

Line 6 FM-4

[space for incoming Barber tone press]

Axess BS-2 Buffer

SIB VAridrive containing NOS 12AU7

ZVex Lofi Loop Junky

Boss TU-2

EHX DMM (modded by amateur midget wrestler jake rebol)

ZVex Super Duper

Dr Z Z28

THD Hotplate (set at full load)

Hotplate Line out to 2x6v6 power amp of Mesa Blue Angel

Kingsley 2x12 open back cab with Weber 30 W Alnico Blue Dogs

Sounds very nice. Please refer to my thread discussing (amp) slavery.

taco

glad you like it.. tuner powers stuff? if not i would sub... no space needed for comp... quite an amp plan you have...overall positive, but i wouldn't appreciate the amp and dirt plan as much as you would

• Members

no style listed

this is all i liked from your rig... and that was with me assuming teh decimator is that weired comb filter alien effect... if not, chop that off too... the dod has 15bd cut boost over teh boss 12... and i never noticed any sound quality differences (I demo-ed a grey with red type one... no idea if the newer 90s ones had/have issues... but for your style this might be the bees knees... not my cup thught... seems like it was expensive too...

The ISP decimator was identified as a noise reduction pedal within my list. Alien effect? :rolleyes:

No style listed? I don't know what clued you in but with an 80's wanking Kramer Pacer, a Wolfgang, Mesa Boogie amp head, boosts, fuzz and sonic maximizers among those items originally listed --- it ain't exactly your average country & western rig, son! :cool:

Widdley, widdley, widdley.....wangbar....echo....feedback.....

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

my legion of doom rig:

guitars:

Fender Jazzmaster -59

Fender Jazzmaster -65

Fender Jazzmaster CIJ 66-reissue

Fender Telecaster Deluxe

Ollon Strat

Burns Bison

Gibson ES-335

Ollon Tele Deluxe

Rickenbacker 330

Main Amps:

Vox AC-30 Reissue UK Blue Speakers

Hiwatt Custom 50 Head + Orange 4x12

Practice Amps:

Fender Twin Reverb -71

Fender Champ -74

Vox Brian May mini-amp

Fx-Boards:

Vox Wah V-847 modded

Zvex Machine

Strobostomp

Boss BD-2 modded

BJFE Honey Bee

Skreddy Zero

MXR Phase 90 modded

Echoczar + Expression pedal

Angelbaby

Boss PN-2

Myclone

my style is somewhat indierock/pop/noise....id say we sound like a cross between mbv, galaxie 500, jesus&mary chain, sonic youth and mazzy star.

positive rating

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

man yr ratings suck....positive rating ?

well I would chaneg teh tuner and mayeb soem dirt pedals, but with your seek mission and funds, I would be happy with thie rig you ahve raised... it is not the best, but very nice... positive is a good rating from me... i am just ready to get over being sick... so I thought that woudl be my last review...

• Members

glad you like it.. tuner powers stuff? if not i would sub... no space needed for comp... quite an amp plan you have...overall positive, but i wouldn't appreciate the amp and dirt plan as much as you would

Oops. VL PPII provides the juice. The amp slaving provides good tones at wife approved volumes. Might replace z28 with a Route 66. Oh yeah, a compressor (or a limiter) is handy especially with the volume spikes that come from the FM-4. The Barber Tonepress's blend control should be cool too, I'll probably leave the thing on all the time at a really subtle compression setting. Or maybe I'll put the FM-4 and the compressor in a bypassable loop and have the compressor set pretty high.

• Members
Originally posted by SteveR

no pics but.

Ibanez DE7

Ibanez BC09 Bimode Chorus

Boss TU2

Boss NS2

Digitech xp100 whammy/wah

Dano fish n chips

Boss FZ2

Might include a zoom ultra fuzz or the alesis bitrman in my boss PSM5 loop.

guitars: ibanez artcore, ibanez talman, ibanez SZ320

amp: marshall 3203 artist 30 watt head

ampeg 2x12 cab with G12H30s

i missed yours... positive... very verstile and inexpensive... good range of soudns with your choices... i coudl jump into that and work...maybe a delay...

• Members
Originally posted by Ivor The Engine Driver

My rig:

52 Tele RI

Rick 360

Lovepedal Woody

Baron Boost

Dano EQ

Ross Flanger

Boss DD20

Sherlock Tremit

(Korg Stage Tuner)

Vox AC30

My style: Record-store geek rock

man i missed a bunch... ok, ditch teh tele... see my other posts... for your style... it works... positive rig

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

:mad:I sucked up to Mil-freakin'-wahkee for
that
?!
:mad:

I bought everything off of the internet! Not many Keeley modded Blues Drivers or Analogman Juicers or 6 loop true bypass strips sitting around collecting dust on local music store's shelves! (Though I'd like to live in a town like that.)

I'll cut you some slack because your sick and have a {censored}e load of rigs to rate.

~MkF!

"Whatever the crisis, don't leave me to my own devices!"

:cool:

thanks for teh simpathy, but I coudl totally see you hitting the shops aroudn that area and putting that rig together man... with internet help with the higher grade stuff of course :)

• Members
Originally posted by elctmist

Amp is a '73 Non-MV Princeton Reverb, consolidate? Eek, I was thinking about adding a DOD Wah and putting my analogue delay back on the board.

DJ

do it... but I think some choices could decrease the space... one of the best rigs I have rated... not as good as mine, but very nice... [obviously due to my bias]

• Members

it gets a positive rating, but that MM-4 on guitar sucks... just want to make that known... on alternate instruments... no idea... but that ring mod in there is a lie... again, I can't comment on the boss pedals and how they work... but either way, you geta positive rating for your instrument ...

I'm going to consider this a negative rating for guitar (which is what these pedals were developed for) but positive on my axe. I got both a positive and negative rating!!

wait, does that make it zero? :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

The ISP decimator was identified as a noise reduction pedal within my list. Alien effect?
:rolleyes:

No style listed? I don't know what clued you in but with an 80's wanking Kramer Pacer, a Wolfgang, Mesa Boogie amp head, boosts, fuzz and sonic maximizers among those items originally listed --- it ain't exactly your average country & western rig, son!
:cool:

Widdley, widdley, widdley.....wangbar....echo....feedback.....

i didn't want to be over-strerotypical :D

there is a pedal... the interstellar decimator or something, I think it is a frostwave pedal...... which is what I thought that might have been

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Ditch the tele? If you ditch it, I'll take it.

;)

sorry, that was ovely simplistic... how about sell the neck, but a large headstock one...for me... my bias my rating... for him it probably rocks.

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

I'm going to consider this a negative rating for guitar (which is what these pedals were developed for) but positive on my axe. I got both a positive and negative rating!!

wait, does that make it zero?
:confused:

no way... it woudl still be above zero... i'll go check my email... for real... I am out in 5 minutes... later guys...

• Members

Hwy 1 Tele. Rosewood fingerboard Butterscotch finish.
Fender '59 Bassman RI.

Para EQ >> (always on)
ODR1 >> BD2 >>
comp >> Danecho/slapback >> (alway on - subtle)
Mr Echo >> Pulsar >> Miestersinger chorus

switched with a 4 ch. Looper with TM >> Peterson VS2
Pedalpad board, 2 Dunlop DC bricks.

This is an old pic. (if this works).
Replaced the MD3 with a SIB Mr. Echo that I like much better (I like U2).

Not using the Chorus much, looking to replace it with a phaser. Not impressed with the Phase 90's, Phase 100 was better but too big. Liked the soundclips of the Redwitch Moon phaser but choke on the price. Recomendations?

Would like more versatility with dirt. Mild breakup to crunch to smooth gain. Two small pedals or a dual unit. Unity volume, as don't use boost much. I often have to use pedals for dist due to volume issues. Recomendations?

Music Alt / Blues / classic rock / country / pop / church music (whatever that is)

• Members

Washburn X-50 Pro / Italia Lusso V / Washburn MG-34

===>

VHT Valvulator
Maxon CP-101 Comp
Hermida Mosferatu
Keeley Katana
Yamaha CH-10 MKII
Arion SAD-1
Ernie Ball Volume
Korg DT-10

==>