Unsure about your pedals/rig - let me rate it for you!

hangwire

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Style is improv/looping:

This is it:

Greentele.jpg

Into some of these:

pedalpile.jpg

Last Sunday I ran Zvex Fuzzprobe-Super Duper-Catalinbread SCOD-Boss Delay/Sampler-Ibanez Swell Flanger-Moog RingMod-Zvex LoFi Looper

Into a SansAmp or this (depending on circumstances):

PReverb.jpg

How do I rate?

• Members

No pics.

Guitars:

G&L ASAT Special/Ibanez AS180 (335 copy)

Have a 72 Thinline RI on the way.

Effects:

London Fuzz

Analogman Bicomp

Kaden Effects modded SD-1 (Germanium)

Barber LTD

Kaden modded TR-2

EH DMM/Ibanez DML10 II

Keeley Katana

Amps:

Fender Pro Jr. w/Weber 10A125 alnico.

or

Princeton Reverb II

Music:

Catchy songs that rock, leaning lately towards noise. Think Replacements/Elvis Costello/Wilco

• Members

Ok, since the ratings are already 3 days late, I'll throw my rig into the ring.

new_pedalboard.jpg

535Q -> SynthWah -> HR2 -> PS3 -> DL4 -> Holy Grail -> MM4

Yes I know there's no dirt. Because I DON'T PLAY GUITAR THROUGH IT!! :mad: I play trumpet through this shiznit, ok?? Deal with it :p

yes, i know that means i get an automatic -1 on the rating :(

Style? Indofunk. That's right.

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

new_pedalboard.jpg

Yes I know there's no dirt. Because I DON'T PLAY GUITAR THROUGH IT!!
:mad:
I play trumpet through this shiznit, ok?? Deal with it
:p

yes, i know that means i get an automatic -1 on the rating
:(

You tell them.;)

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

new_pedalboard.jpg

Yes I know there's no dirt. Because I DON'T PLAY GUITAR THROUGH IT!!
:mad:
I play trumpet through this shiznit, ok?? Deal with it

yes, i know that means i get an automatic -1 on the rating
:(

Hey Indo

Finally got a picture of that Hohner mini Bass keyboard together:

bass3.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by reaper

well i haven't been playing to long but i like my tone so far.

Fender Hot rod deville 410

Tonebone Hot British

Schecter Gryphon w/ new SD JB and Jazz pick ups

And hopefully soon a American Deluxe Strat and some sort of wah pedal. I also plan to rebias and retube my Deville (once i figure out how)

hmmm... what style? not sure about the guitar as I don't have a visual in my head... but what I liked was how you said "I like my toen so far" which goes a long way [am I right guys... seriously!]

I don't much care for ToneBone stuff... but I would give in a rating in the plus side as long as you didn't play blues rock... if you are playing blues rock... all you need is a bad monkey... so you might have overpaid, but again, I don't knw your style [i imagine that I'll refernce that line a lot... no offense... but seriously,, that Clapton-esque blue rock is not something you have to throw cash at to have a good live sound for...]

if i was to rate the rig for my style... it would be in the nagative range... but for you, I'll rate you in the positive range...

next.

• Members

My current rig:

1972 Telecaster

Board#1

BCS Bent

RM Voodoo Vibe

Hermida Zendrive

Hermida Mosferatu

MIG*Boost

EB volume pedal

Board #2

Moog MuRF

Moog 12 Stage Phaser

Arion SAD-1

Maneco Nanolooper 32

Boss DD20

EHX Pulsar

Fender Bassman head (modded to one channel with presence stack and spring reverb onboard)

2x12 Gibson cab w/Ultrasonic speakers

style - roots spacebilly

• Members
Originally posted by lou_weed

that's a pretty burly board you got there hangwire.

here's my stuff

nice arangement of stuff... i assume that is an analog arion delay... what style of music? I guess either way this is a verstile rig pedal wise... i don't much care for the cost/value of the strobostomp... but hey, a girlfriend/significant other may have bought it for you... so who am I to say... the polychorus if TB'ed is probably the chorus pedal I would own if I ever used greatly/or really liked chorus... nice choice there.... I assume the orange pedal is the amp's channel switcher? i guess i didn't realize that orange amps had the clean/dirty optuon... but which amp are you using if that is a smaller amp in teh 2nd pic? bass amp maybe? I don't like tele's with small headstocks (or any guitar with small headstocks for that matter) so I would ditch that if it were my rig... but seems to work well... I would probably swap necks on the SG and the tele :p. .. overall, I would play your rig... so I rate it in the positive side...

• Members
Originally posted by Chirpy_72

Here's the guitar and amp:

G&L ASAT Z3 Semihollow body ( the guitar on the left )

Rivera M60 1x12

through one of these:

into this:

into this:

I play rock and country

why the amp choice? I guess I have only heard over midd'ed Riveras playing Iron Madien riffs... are they decent clean amps too? overall you pretty much got you style and ... so positive for you man. I would hate that rig for myself as I don't have use for a compressor in my rig/style... but nice delay choice... I hope it continues to work out for ya! something about the guitar in description is great, but visually not my cup o'tea...

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

nice arangement of stuff... i assume that is an analog arion delay... what style of music? I guess either way this is a verstile rig pedal wise... i don't much care for the cost/value of the strobostomp... but hey, a girlfriend/significant other may have bought it for you... so who am I to say... the polychorus if TB'ed is probably the chorus pedal I would own if I ever used greatly/or really liked chorus... nice choice there.... I assume the orange pedal is the amp's channel switcher? i guess i didn't realize that orange amps had the clean/dirty optuon... but which amp are you using if that is a smaller amp in teh 2nd pic? bass amp maybe? I don't like tele's with small headstocks (or any guitar with small headstocks for that matter) so I would ditch that if it were my rig... but seems to work well... I would probably swap necks on the SG and the tele
. .. overall, I would play your rig... so I rate it in the positive side...

Thanks. I play all kinds of rock from classic to postmodern experimental. The delay is indeed an Arion SAD-1. I bought the strobostomp myself and I'm glad I did. The polychorus is TB'd. The orange white box is a channel switcher. I don't really use the Orange at home, I use the small amp, which is a '64 Fender Champ.

• Members

Originally posted by draygon0

Fair enough.

Ric copy>

Fender Musicmaster

Style is primitive, but with delay pedals.
:)
Think Jad Fair with Jonny Greenwood on guitar.

(Unfortunately, the Philtre and Bitrman didn't make the cut on this pedalboard.)

1st ... nice on alternative materials on pedalbopard... cheap DIY ! ...

I would ditch that V stack and put those Alesis pedals up there in a TB loop box like a DBoggs microloooper... you have them, so why not.... i don't like the set up of the digitech pds100x pedals... i hate in/out volumes on non gain pedals... but the sound is in there!!!! no idea what amp you have... I would play your rig... if you added the alesis stuff... positive rating

next.

• Members

Originally posted by marshall-gibson

cool gear guy's!!

that's my gig gear..

73 les paul custom

74 marshall jmp bass head

2x12 cab g12h65

vox wah-sd1mij-ch1-de7

hmmm... never heard a guitar through a marshall bass head, so I will suspend my amp verdict... but personally I dislike Les Pauls very much... teh chorus debat eis above... but your rig looks very Rock/metal so I imagine that spacey textures aere not your chorus needs... decent delay... I hear great things about that pedal... I would not like to play your rig, but I'll note you as one hair micrometer to the positive side because I have no idea about your amp sound...

• Members

Originally posted by 80k

pls rate my rig, ok thx.

American Standard Strat going into homemade boost pedal (not shown) into pedalboard into Reverend Hellhound.

Pedalboard:

Zvex Machine

Moosapotamus Dirty Bird

Commonsound Atoner

Keeley Modded ProCo Rat

3ms Noise Swash

MJM Foxey Fuzz

Akai Headrush

Commonsound Stereo Bi-Phaseur Fleur

nice section... good support of Dann Green... I was one of teh 1st Atoner people back in teh day... but at the time it was like an 11 knob MXR blue box and not much more... I think they have been teweaked for more control... so I hope you get agood value on that... I didn't like the keeley rat at all... so that would be a subsitotion for me if i was to play your rig... you have the space, so maybe add another delay pedal... pre/post delays on some of those effects would provide some great sounds... amp is something I might change... I have not had good luck with reverd during demo-ing ... if you got everyuthing at a decent value and it sound sgreat... very positive rating from me...

• Members

Yesterday my basement rig of doom was:

Fender MIJ 72 Thinline Tele RI

Line 6 FM-4

[space for incoming Barber tone press]

Axess BS-2 Buffer

SIB VAridrive containing NOS 12AU7

ZVex Lofi Loop Junky

Boss TU-2

EHX DMM (modded by amateur midget wrestler jake rebol)

ZVex Super Duper

Dr Z Z28

THD Hotplate (set at full load)

Hotplate Line out to 2x6v6 power amp of Mesa Blue Angel

Kingsley 2x12 open back cab with Weber 30 W Alnico Blue Dogs

Sounds very nice. Please refer to my thread discussing (amp) slavery.

taco

• Members

Originally posted by ck3

[]

interesting... your guitar choice was not what I was expecting... especially not teeh cases :eek: pedal board wise... i assume that because of your trying out and what have you... you don't mount anything because everything is not settled... i don't generally like multi effects such as teh boss on your board... but hey, whatever works, right... I could not make out many of the pedals... but it looks like you have a grasp on a good direction... i would suggest getting some pedals that fill dual roles to help control the space take up and powering... but looks very verstile... i would need a manual to work it, but I am sure I could handle your rig... i feel compled to give you an I for incomplete... but that doesn't mean your rig is not looking good... just from your posts and gear lust sig... i think you are not where you want yet... but I am ready to rate it positive when it is done...

next.

Archived