Unsure about your pedals/rig - let me rate it for you!

hangwire

• Members
Originally posted by cheney50mc

here you go, info below.

didn't list a style... but some nice range on this... i don't like the guitars or all the boss pedals... but I generally don't like many boss pedals... i wouldn't like your rig... but HUGE respect for the DOD Juice box... so that would put you just barely over the zero point into the positive

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by doug deeper

ok...

mij jag reissue

70s kent strat w/ single neck pu no controls and a clear pickguard with fake flowers and popcorn underneath...

gated fuzz/oscillator thingis (made by me)

boss super feedbacker dist/hard clipped limiter(made by me)/80s korg comp/arion octave/boss ps-3/bos rv-5/alesis birtman w exp pedal mod/digitech pds1002/arion dds-4 sampler delay/boss dd-5 (for sampling)

(dod fx30b gate going in there somwhere soon)

little board...

green ringer clone(made by me)

ibanez de7/boss ps-2(i even use the pitch shifter!!delay too)

amps:

traynor custom reverb head into a kustom 2x10 (came w/ horns...now holds celestion bass speakers)

and a sunn alpa 115 bass amp...

love doug

i give you a positve rating... but I don't care for the comps... ad I listed my pds100x issue above in a past review... but nice range... if that is an old 70s tranor... nice amp selection... those sound great... i would sub pedals for the boss delay and reverb... and the ps-3 was not in my vien of noise/textre pedal... too much delay on teh notes even with minimal settings (pitchshifting wise) but yeah... positive

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

This guitar
in atomic pink sparkle - with HighOrder.com custom wound humbuckers & upgraded electronics into this:

EDIT: Almost forgot - AKG WMS400 Wireless System.....

pedalboard.jpg

UPDATE: Pedalboard now includes
GL Time Machine Boost
instead of the Rocktron Nitro, and a
Keeley Fuzz Head

Pedalboard-

-Keeley Comp

-Analogman Juicer

-Keeley George Lynch Time Machine Boost

-Pedalboards.com 6-loop true bypass strip

-Guyatone Micro Tuner

-Morley Tremonti Wah

-Keeley modded Boss Blues Driver

-Boss PS-5 Super Shifter

-Phase 90

-Yamaha Magic Stomp

-Keeley Fuzz Head

-Mesa Boogie channel switcher......

into a Boogie Trem-O-Verb Dual Rectifier 2x12.

And sometimes a Roland JC-120 with copius mojo from Blue Flame Music in Beautiful Milwaukee.
:D

~MkF!

"Tatonka!"

P.S. If the link to the guitar doesn't work - it's a Daisy Rock Candy - Les Paul'ish body shape - rosewood fretboard - star inlays.

i have made my compressor and les paul comments... but nice inlays :) my rating would be positive overall... especially if it was a great value/not expensive... but I would have had other options subed in for most effects on your board if I was to use it... but again, you have a nice range of avaiable sounds... it seems very "that area" (ex-Janesville here) so I imagine this was the best sounding of what was around... so cool on that... hope it works for ya for a long time

• Members

my legion of doom rig:

guitars:

Fender Jazzmaster -59
Fender Jazzmaster -65
Fender Jazzmaster CIJ 66-reissue
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Ollon Strat
Burns Bison
Gibson ES-335
Ollon Tele Deluxe
Rickenbacker 330

Main Amps:

Vox AC-30 Reissue UK Blue Speakers
Hiwatt Custom 50 Head + Orange 4x12

Practice Amps:

Fender Twin Reverb -71
Fender Champ -74
Vox Brian May mini-amp

Fx-Boards:

Vox Wah V-847 modded
Zvex Machine
Strobostomp
Boss BD-2 modded
BJFE Honey Bee
Skreddy Zero
MXR Phase 90 modded
Echoczar + Expression pedal
Angelbaby
Boss PN-2
Myclone

my style is somewhat indierock/pop/noise....id say we sound like a cross between mbv, galaxie 500, jesus&mary chain, sonic youth and mazzy star.

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

No pix since the camera's in the shop but as of today:

1 ISP Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

1 SIB Mr.Echo Delay Pedal

1 DOD E/Q Pedal (for sale)

1 MXR Phase 90 Pedal (R28 mod)

no style listed

this is all i liked from your rig... and that was with me assuming teh decimator is that weired comb filter alien effect... if not, chop that off too... the dod has 15bd cut boost over teh boss 12... and i never noticed any sound quality differences (I demo-ed a grey with red type one... no idea if the newer 90s ones had/have issues... but for your style this might be the bees knees... not my cup thught... seems like it was expensive too...

• Members

no pics but.

Ibanez DE7
Ibanez BC09 Bimode Chorus
Boss TU2
Boss NS2
Digitech xp100 whammy/wah
Dano fish n chips
Boss FZ2

Might include a zoom ultra fuzz or the alesis bitrman in my boss PSM5 loop.

guitars: ibanez artcore, ibanez talman, ibanez SZ320

amp: marshall 3203 artist 30 watt head

ampeg 2x12 cab with G12H30s

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

Below is pretty much my rig. Missing from the picture are:

- Strobostomp tuner

- Korg SDD-3000 digital delay

- Digitech DHP-33

- Korg A2

You may KISS it after you rate it

myrig.jpg

i like the amp... no kisses here though... just not what I would want to play through in the least... but I don't like U2 at all... so apples and oranges i guess... it seems too expensive to play in a way... collector nice, but not something I would want under my feet in a live situation due to expense...but I know how much you like it, so I need not rate it anyway, right :)

• Members
Originally posted by KjStrat62

My Rig is simple:

Fender 52 RI Telecaster

Fender 63 RI Vibroverb

Visual Sound Route 66 Pedal

That be it!

style? if country... check the 2nd reveiw... get a delay for slapback and fun... for me... not eneough range of sounds I would like... but simple is good if I guess your style correctly... nice amp so I would put you around the median/zero... defeintly positive with a delay...

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

PRS McCarty Standard >

Voodoo Labs PP2 Powering >

Zoom Ultra Fuzz >

Boss DD5 >

Line 6 Tap Trem >

E13 No Fi >

Akai Headrush E1 >

Line 6 DL 4 > split stereo into

77 Marshall JMP 100 watt driving

Ampeg 4x12 w/ 70watt Celestions > Ampeg Super Jet

84 Marshall JCM800 on standby

I'm happy with it.

glad you are happy... not liking the guitar and I woudl sub out the DD5... but I could play this rig with just the guitar change... i woudl favor the ampeg amp more though :)... but as a dirty/clean pair... i am sure they are great together... not a marshall guy though... positiev rating

next.

• Members
Originally posted by Last Nerve

Hope it counts if you don't have a pic.

Bogner Shiva 6L6 combo & ex. cab

Peterson Strobostomp

FoxRox ZIM

Teese RMC3LE

FoxRox Octron

ToneFactor HellBilly

Everman Fuzz Drive 2

Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser

FoxRox TZF

Red Witch Medusa

Mostly bluesy rock.....Hendrix, Van Halen, SRV, ever hear Andy Timmons?

yikes you have overspent! as I mentione dfor that stle... you have some nice range... but man that is a pricy rig... whew!....I could get a similar live sound with my rig (-the octron up) value wise I don't think it is teh best... but I am sure you are lovin' it...

• Members
Originally posted by hangwire

... it seems very "that area" (ex-Janesville here) so I imagine this was the best sounding of what was around... so cool on that... hope it works for ya for a long time

:mad:I sucked up to Mil-freakin'-wahkee for that?!:mad:

I bought everything off of the internet! Not many Keeley modded Blues Drivers or Analogman Juicers or 6 loop true bypass strips sitting around collecting dust on local music store's shelves! (Though I'd like to live in a town like that.)

I'll cut you some slack because your sick and have a {censored}e load of rigs to rate.

~MkF!
"Whatever the crisis, don't leave me to my own devices!"

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Mesabooger

I play straight up rock for lack of better genreical words

Here you go

G&L ASAT Classic Leo Fender Sig

[/img]

if I could tweak everything witha simple sub except for the phase shifter, I would... again, I think teles look better with big headstocks... I prefer teh DL-4 over teh DD20 over tinny-ness issues when I demoed them... no need for a comp with me... but I give it a positive rating... if the amp had tremolo a definit positive becaue it is very simple, and has soem range on a large level in a live situation... something i could see using for a night and being happy... but not my #1 choice on your picks... but I am sure you would prefer your choices over mine as well... so ...yeah, positive.

next.

• Members
Originally posted by BrendanO

Rig in sig.

Now, yes, you may notice those aren't guitars. Well, I wouldn't be here if bass effects makers could get their {censored} together for like, two, maybe three pedals, so I'm here, keeping an eye out for pedals that might work for me.

Total drag.

I for incomplete grade , but looking forward to some decent delay/phase/fuzz pedals that work for you... what sound do you want, i am sure we can offer soem suggestions which will not leave you disappointed... my faince' plays bass and we have had lick with some pedals by mistake :)

• Members
Originally posted by thebazaar

old-ish pic.

Now have a Red Witch moon phaser.

Waiting on a KOT and Brooklyn overdrive.

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 212

Guitars: Fender California Strat, Ibanez ghostrider.

you could probably consoldate some pedals... never seen a ghostrider guitar... overall a positiev rating... but I would see if some choices could offer more sounds with fewer pedals... too much dirt, maybe an amp with trem and 1 really verstile modulation pedal...

• Members
Originally posted by newstrat60

Custom shop Strat '60

play in my bedroom psychedelic-garage-rock-punk-indie thing

ok where's the rate now ?
:cool:

positive rating... maybe a dl-4 instead of the loop junky for some extra reverse delay/phaser avaivale like I use mine for, but nice... hope it wasn't too expensive

• Members
Originally posted by elctmist

Style is improv/looping:

This is it:

Last Sunday I ran Zvex Fuzzprobe-Super Duper-Catalinbread SCOD-Boss Delay/Sampler-Ibanez Swell Flanger-Moog RingMod-Zvex LoFi Looper

Into a SansAmp or this (depending on circumstances):

PReverb.jpg

How do I rate?

could not tell teh amp... overall very psoitive, nice choies.. tele issues... but it is beat up so whatever, right ... probably one of the better overall ratingings... but I would consoldate for sure if it was mine...

• Members
Originally posted by ugly steeple fear

No pics.

Guitars:

G&L ASAT Special/Ibanez AS180 (335 copy)

Have a 72 Thinline RI on the way.

Effects:

London Fuzz

Analogman Bicomp

Kaden Effects modded SD-1 (Germanium)

Barber LTD

Kaden modded TR-2

EH DMM/Ibanez DML10 II

Keeley Katana

Amps:

Fender Pro Jr. w/Weber 10A125 alnico.

or

Princeton Reverb II

Music:

Catchy songs that rock, leaning lately towards noise. Think Replacements/Elvis Costello/Wilco

psoitive/decent/ no comp for me maybe some subs... i hope you dig it...maybe chop out 1 dirt pedal,,, but positive

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Ok, since the ratings are already 3 days late, I'll throw my rig into the ring.

new_pedalboard.jpg

535Q -> SynthWah -> HR2 -> PS3 -> DL4 -> Holy Grail -> MM4

Yes I know there's no dirt. Because I DON'T PLAY GUITAR THROUGH IT!!
:mad:
I play trumpet through this shiznit, ok?? Deal with it
:p

yes, i know that means i get an automatic -1 on the rating
:(

Style? Indofunk. That's right.

it gets a positive rating, but that MM-4 on guitar sucks... just want to make that known... on alternate instruments... no idea... but that ring mod in there is a lie... again, I can't comment on the boss pedals and how they work... but either way, you geta positive rating for your instrument ...

Archived