What is you opinion of the state of Wisconsin?

hangwire

• Members

just wondering... being from New Jersey originally, I never had much of a negative opinion about Wisonsin.... actually after moving there, my un-eductaed opinion of lots of small towns and farming with Milwaukee being a big blue collar nice city was pretty much correct...

but at the same time, when younger I often you would hear about people rather losing their big toe then having to live in Texas or Alabama etc... for example...

so, I posted a poll...

After living in WI, my general opinion is that is it like most states... you have assholes and extremists everywhere in the world, but WI is pretty good especially since Milwaukee is a neat place. Recently awarded the #1 most underrated city in America, and #1 city for quality of life for lesbians [local new story facts]. Plus, with Chicago being only 1 1/2 hours away... if you want a bigger city night out... it is pretty easy... reminds me of how Philadelphia is to New York on the east coast...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember doing a big tour with a small budget, when we were all housed in the homes of audience members... In Wisconsin, they stuffed us full of beer and cheese, which was much more pleasant than some of the dry counties we played.

But I ain't voting in yer stinkin' poll, mister.

:mad:

:)

• Members

Cheese, Brett Favre, Laverne & Shirley, beer.

sounds good to me. What do I know.

Who wouldn't want to live in TX? If you can't find something to please you between DFW, Austin, San Antonio, or Houston then you've got bigger problems than geographic dissatisfaction.

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

just wondering... being from New Jersey originally, I never had much of a negative opinion about Wisonsin.... actually after moving there, my un-eductaed opinion of lots of small towns and farming with Milwaukee being a big blue collar nice city was pretty much correct...

but at the same time, when younger I often you would hear about people rather losing their big toe then having to live in Texas or Alabama etc... for example...

so, I posted a poll...

After living in WI, my general opinion is that is it like most states... you have assholes and extremists everywhere in the world, but WI is pretty good especially since Milwaukee is a neat place. Recently awarded the #1 most underrated city in America, and #1 city for quality of life for lesbians [local new story facts]. Plus, with Chicago being only 1 1/2 hours away... if you want a bigger city night out... it is pretty easy... reminds me of how Philadelphia is to New York on the east coast...

Wow, they took the title of "#1 city for quality of life for lesbians". That was such a hard fought, highly coveted title. I'll bet Burlington Vermont is bummed they lost that one.

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

Is that legal? If there were any "dry counties" in Canada I'd move to Holland.

I went to college in a wet city in a dry county. Freaking weird. Four places to drink -- one owned by the college (for parents), one for the faculty, one for the townies, one for us. I wish I were kidding.

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

Wow, they took the title of "#1 city for quality of life for lesbians". That was such a hard fought, highly coveted title. I'll bet Burlington Vermont is bummed they lost that one.

:rolleyes: yup, having a place voted #1 for quality of life is pretty bad, lots of negatives...

• Members
Originally posted by lowroadrevival

My grandpa lives in Madison. I've been there and it's really, really boring.

yeah, madison gets old really fast when you are here for a while... definitly a town you need a "game plan" of sorts as too much unstructured time there will have you racing up and down that Hwy12/18 beltline...

• Members

Id rather live in Texas than Wisconsin.... Though I already live in Texas so maybe thats a bit biased.

But I have been to Wisconsin when I was 16. Went to a skate camp called Lake Owen. Beautiful place.

But ugh, we have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hotter women.... ;)

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

:rolleyes:
yup, having a place voted #1 for quality of life is pretty bad, lots of negatives...

You didn't say quality of life, you said quality of life for lesbians. So does that mean it's not so 'quality' for the non-lesbians? Or does that mean that the lesbians are the only ones happy to live there?

O.K, I just named Duluth Minnesota #1 in quality of life for left handed Germans with a lisp. Huzzah.:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Alexbiscuit

Living in Chicago, I have no reason to ever to go wisconsin other than to take my kids to the Dells in 20 years when I'm 40... god forbid I ever actually do that...

[ribbing]

well technically, you don't live in Chicago :D especially since you are from North of the city... when I lived in Chicago for grad school... most people didn't take too kindly to north shore and up folks :D

plus- you probably would have a hard time adjusting to walking on land that isn't flat, driving on roads that aren't all torn up despite tolls, eh FIB?

[/ribbing]

I guess I don't get the attraction of the WI Dells, so I agree with you there... seems like a tourist trap that got too big... so I agree with ya there ...

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

You didn't say quality of life, you said quality of life for lesbians. So does that mean it's not so 'quality' for the non-lesbians? Or does that mean that the lesbians are the only ones happy to live there?

O.K, I just named Duluth Minnesota #1 in quality of life for left handed Germans with a lisp. Huzzah.
:rolleyes:

yes I was making a point that you made it seem like something positive was really bad... what, are you anti-lesbian or just can't see anything positive about anything? I am pretty sure the ratings are done as national polls which can be broken down by demographic information...

and deluth is a pretty town... very majestic looking at the bay and the town slightly climbing up in altitude above...

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Id rather live in Texas than Wisconsin.... Though I already live in Texas so maybe thats a bit biased.

But I have been to Wisconsin when I was 16. Went to a skate camp called Lake Owen. Beautiful place.

But ugh, we have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hotter women....
;)

Do you mean that women in TX are more in quantity of hotness, as in a per capita there are 3 of every 5 girls in TX is hot as oppossed to 2 of 5 in WI... or do you mean the quality of hotness is more... or is it just that women in TX have a higher body temperature due to the climate...

Archived