What is you opinion of the state of Wisconsin?

hangwire

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

O.K, I just named Duluth Minnesota #1 in quality of life for left handed Germans with a lisp. Huzzah.
:rolleyes:

and from the other thread and I think a deal you backed out from me a few months ago... I don't think your personal rating has very much weight with me, or any of the national surveys

:p

:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by hangwire

yes I was making a point that you made it seem like something positive was really bad... what, are you anti-lesbian or just can't see anything positive about anything? I am pretty sure the ratings are done as national polls which can be broken down by demographic information...

and deluth is a pretty town... very majestic looking at the bay and the town slightly climbing up in altitude above...

You're right. I don't really give a {censored} what the highest quality of life for lesbians is. You caught me.

And as far as being positive, you didn't exactly come across as a fun loving, kind hearted individual in the "Christian Nation" thread so I wouldn't talk if I were you. You came across as seething and angry. Do you have anger management issues? I think you need some help.

• Members

and from the other thread and I think a deal you backed out from me a few months ago... I don't think your personal rating has very much weight with me, or any of the national surveys

:p

WTF are you talking about?????

• Members

I've lived in WI my whole life...24 years. I've also been to many of these united states to compare it to. Here are my thoughts:

1. the climate generally sucks, though fall is good
2. There isn't a whole lot to do here as there are no real big cities...even though some people who live in madison seem to think it's big city.
3. Just like every other state, some places are cool, some suck, some people are cool, some suck
4. The landscape is better than some states, while worse than others.
5. the women are good looking BEFORE they hit their freshman year of college.
6. The lakes/some of the north is cool

Conclusion:

wisconsin is a pretty middle of the road state with a sub-par climate.

• Members

You're right. I don't really give a {censored} what the highest quality of life for lesbians is. You caught me.

And as far as being positive, you didn't exactly come across as a fun loving, kind hearted individual in the "Christian Nation" thread so I wouldn't talk if I were you. You came across as seething and angry. Do you have anger management issues? I think you need some help.

... and you play a Kramer guitar... ok...

• Members

Originally posted by grunge-rock

I've lived in WI my whole life...24 years. I've also been to many of these united states to compare it to. Here are my thoughts:

1. the climate generally sucks, though fall is good

2. There isn't a whole lot to do here as there are no real big cities...even though some people who live in madison seem to think it's big city.

3. Just like every other state, some places are cool, some suck, some people are cool, some suck

4. The landscape is better than some states, while worse than others.

5. the women are good looking BEFORE they hit their freshman year of college.

6. The lakes/some of the north is cool

Conclusion:

wisconsin is a pretty middle of the road state with a sub-par climate.

Don't forget the mosquitos the size of your arm.

• Members

well we might be a good place for the ladies who like ladies....we did also just get voted the worst state in america for black people....so it's all over the map....we're a state of opposites in many ways....

for instance.....it get's cold here....no way around it...what most people don't understand is it get's hot here too....last week 98 degrees with 90% humidity.....

we've got a bunch of farms and cows and cheese....but we're also a leader in stuff like stem cell research and biotech.....

we've got the fine political tradition of fighting bob lafolette....and joe mccarthy....

so i like it just fine here.....madison isn't quite as boring as some would suggest, but in many way's it IS just a really big small town......and most of us like it that way.....

but i'd rather live in canada if i could live anywhere......

d

• Members

... and you play a Kramer guitar... ok...

Are you alright? You're really not making any sense here.

Do I own a Kramer? Yes it's ONE of my guitars. So your point would be............?????????????

• Members

Originally posted by dave esmond

well we might be a good place for the ladies who like ladies....we did also just get voted the worst state in america for black people....so it's all over the map....we're a state of opposites in many ways....

for instance.....it get's cold here....no way around it...what most people don't understand is it get's hot here too....last week 98 degrees with 90% humidity.....

we've got a bunch of farms and cows and cheese....but we're also a leader in stuff like stem cell research and biotech.....

we've got the fine political tradition of fighting bob lafolette....and joe mccarthy....

so i like it just fine here.....madison isn't quite as boring as some would suggest, but in many way's it IS just a really big small town......and most of us like it that way.....

but i'd rather live in canada if i could live anywhere......

d

Wisconsin, Canada, There's a difference?????

• Members

Wisconsin, Canada, There's a difference?????

Of course, I would be willing to bet you can't get fried cheese in most of Canada. It's hard to find anywhere outside of this cheesy beer filled state, but damn its ohhh soo tastey.

• Members
Originally posted by Leitmotif

Of course, I would be willing to bet you can't get fried cheese in most of Canada. It's hard to find anywhere outside of this cheesy beer filled state, but damn its ohhh soo tastey.

but they do have pooteen in Canada... which to my knowledge from co-workers from Montreal is fried, cheese curds and gravy

• Members

there's some huge ones from where i sit.....

d

Well since you are actually IN wisconsin, I can only defer to your viewpoint. From where I sit far away form both, they look like subtle shades of gray. Not being mean, just honest.

• Members

Are you alright? You're really not making any sense here.

Do I own a Kramer? Yes it's ONE of my guitars. So your point would be............?????????????

my point would be that given any comment with slight ambiguity such as the one I posted about your guitar... you seem to get all defensive as evidenced by your capitalization and punctiuation above implies... so therefore, you are not a person I really care to listen too about his opinions on any subject... so I don't have to take any of your posts seriously now...

• Members

Well since you are actually IN wisconsin, I can only defer to your viewpoint. From where I sit far away form both, they look like subtle shades of gray. Not being mean, just honest.

maybe if you were a pot smoking lesbian without healthcare they'd look a wee bit different :^)

d

• Members
Originally posted by Roy Brooks

I once gigged in a place called the Country Palace right outside Milwaukee. This was in the late eighties. But they made the best hamburgers I have ever eaten.

I have a standing promise to a few forumites that if they come this way, I am taking them to Elsa's for their burgers... just amazing... pretty much the only time I eat beef is one of those burgers...

• Members

my point would be that given any comment with slight ambiguity such as the one I posted about your guitar... you seem to get all defensive as evidenced by your capitalization and punctiuation above implies... so therefore, you are not a person I really care to listen too about his opinions on any subject... so I don't have to take any of your posts seriously now...

Well since voice inflection or emphasis is impossible without capitalization, bold, italics etc. one needs them in order to convey intent. Defensive?? Not in the least. Confused?? Your language leaves me no choice but to be confused. Whatever 'sly' little point you were making was lost on any independent thinkers who might stumble across that littel car-crahs exchange you just attempted.

So no one who you possibly disapprove of can have a valid opinion? Way to go champ. And this part: "so therefore, you are not a person I really care to listen too about his opinions on any subject... so I don't have to take any of your posts seriously now", is that your equivilant of taking your ball and going home amid a torrent of tears? Awww, dry your eyes O sensitive one. It'll be alright.

And you still haven't said what some deal from a few months ago was about. That really was fractured and strange. C'mon now, no one will bite. You won't get beat up again. Out with it.

• Members

maybe if you were a pot smoking lesbian without healthcare they'd look a wee bit different :^)

d

About the only thing I have in common with that scenario is that I also like women.

After that.......not so much.

• Members

Well since voice inflection or emphasis is impossible without capitalization, bold, italics etc. one needs them in order to convey intent. Defensive?? Not in the least. Confused?? Your language leaves me no choice but to be confused. Whatever 'sly' little point you were making was lost on any independent thinkers who might stumble across that littel car-crahs exchange you just attempted.

So no one who you possibly disapprove of can have a valid opinion? Way to go champ. And this part: "so therefore, you are not a person I really care to listen too about his opinions on any subject... so I don't have to take any of your posts seriously now", is that your equivilant of taking your ball and going home amid a torrent of tears? Awww, dry your eyes O sensitive one. It'll be alright.

And you still haven't said what some deal from a few months ago was about. That really was fractured and strange. C'mon now, no one will bite. You won't get beat up again. Out with it.

are you pissed that I said I don't have to listen to your opinion? :D again, by posting the "dry your eyes stuff" just shows how silly you are... let me explain clearer for you... you can post whatever you want... but as oppossed to other people... I won't really rely on any info from you because I don't think it would be benificial to me ... based on the posts you have made. Or using your analogy: No one is taking anything home... we both are staying at the park, it is just that I don't think I would pick you for any team.

• Members

are you pissed that I said I don't have to listen to your opinion?
again, by posting the "dry your eyes stuff" just shows how silly you are... let me explain clearer for you... you can post whatever you want... but as oppossed to other people... I won't really rely on any info from you because I don't think it would be benificial to me ... based on the posts you have made. Or using your analogy: No one is taking anything home... we both are staying at the park, it is just that I don't think I would pick you for any team.

Pissed? Again, you really need to learn to glean intent from what you read. I'm so far from pissed that I can barely spell it.

And you'd never make it in the park much less a team seeing as you can't hit or field with any clarity whatsoever.

• Members

I have a standing promise to a few forumites that if they come this way, I am taking them to Elsa's for their burgers... just amazing... pretty much the only time I eat beef is one of those burgers...

Wait...wait....where is this magical burger house located?

• Members

Pissed? Again, you really need to learn to glean intent from what you read. I'm so far from pissed that I can barely spell it.

And you'd never make it in the park much less a team seeing as you can't hit or field with any clarity whatsoever.

you must have some unconscious issues then, because things like the cry remark, calling me a jerk in the other thrread, and then this above suggests that you are trying [and poorly] to insult me.

Like I mentioned I don't care about what you have to say, just like you probably don't care what I have to say. So that if fine... no need to post for my attention :D

• Members

Originally posted by grunge-rock

Wait...wait....where is this magical burger house located?

Elsa's on the Park... on Jefferson between Kilbourn and Wells in downtown Milwaukee. The owner is the guy who runs the Kopp's frozen custard stands... which are ok... but at Elsa's they do the huge serloin goodness... 2 peopel can usually split one burger with a side of fries and be way full... they do teh classic burger, and then soem fancy ones too... they also make this prok chop sandwich with pecans apples bleu cheese and teriaki carmalized onions... sound weird, but it is a really good combinations of flavors!

So, yeah, I know the bartender there... let me know next time you are in town... I'll buy you one...

Archived