What is you opinion of the state of Wisconsin?

hangwire

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Born and raised in the Fox Cities...Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha. Yup it's cold....makes me appreciate the weather here in San Diego. Lesbians.....who cares. I have more important things happening to worry about who's f'ing who. Yup there isn't much to do....unless you like hunting, fishing, raising a family in a relatively safe environment with a great eduactional system, and meeting some of the friendliest people in the world. The older you get, the more you'll appreciate the family thing. The job market does kind of suck at the moment....thank you corporate greed for moving jobs away from hard working Americans to some third world {censored} hole. I have family going through this right now and they don't have PhDs. They do like to fry the cheese in WI....love those curds, but the lake perch is awesome too. All in all I'd have to say that I was glad to have the experience to grow up there and I think most people from there would agree. At least the ones that have ventured out to experience the rest of the country. BTW, Wisconsin is very loyal to musicians as the one poster found out.

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

About the only thing I have in common with that scenario is that I also like women.

After that.......not so much.

probably doesnt smell as bad as north assville

BTW when someone says 'i bet you play a kramer' it means 'you are a vanhalen loving relic seeking his lost youth' Im not saying that about you, just interpreting.

• Members

Originally posted by box handler

Wisconsin

============

The fat girl state.

statistically its Louisiana.

I have lots of relatives ive never met in wisconsin. Ive never been there.

I've only been to texas a few times, and mostly just to airports. I did spend a few days in Austin, and noticed there are lots of strip malls... i never made it down town though.

I'm sure both states are better than idaho. I remember the first time i went to boise, and i was expecting a city that would at least compare to portland or seattle, but it looks like a suburb in the middle of no where.... and of course i saw no black people there at all.

• Members

The first place I rode a roller coaster was at the Dells. I also went to a house on or in a rock, it was cool. I was 11 or 12. I also remember seeing some skateboarders in Madison. It seemed like a laid back place, people were nice. The few people I have met from up there were cool and did seem to enjoy both sharing and partaking of stringcheese and beer.

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Marshall

probably doesnt smell as bad as north assville

BTW when someone says 'i bet you play a kramer' it means 'you are a vanhalen loving relic seeking his lost youth' Im not saying that about you, just interpreting.

Easy Brian, we're both here in Seattle proper and I know where you live! Are you in Woodincrack or Bot-hell?

And I've had the Kramer forever. I don't think I've actually picked it up in a very long time. It just looks goo sitting on the stand though.

VH5150.JPG

BOW TO VH YOU BASTIDS!!!

And hangwire's just a little bitchy. He's not a complete twat like Kestral.

• Members

Easy Brian, we're both here in Seattle proper and I know where you live! Are you in Woodincrack or Bot-hell?

And I've had the Kramer forever. I don't think I've actually picked it up in a very long time. It just looks goo sitting on the stand though.

VH5150.JPG

BOW TO VH YOU BASTIDS!!!

And hangwire's just a little bitchy. He's not a complete twat like Kestral.

hey man... i know we've disagreed before... i was just trying to interpret for ya... I actually kind of like the look of kramers, but picked one up once and didnt like the feel. I'm sure you got what he meant anyways. Hell I know people that think anyone over 30 that still owns a guitar is a loser, and refusing to grow up. Well I'm 31 and the only money i owe is on my house which i have about 35+ % equity in... thats the great thing about woodinville ... homes here have appreciated more in the last 5 years than pretty much any other part of the seattle area.

I actually dont even live in woodinville though.. im out side city limits... You'd hate it here... its still plastered with kerry for prez stickers...

Next year i'm moving even further out in the boonies in the outskirts of portland.

Oh yeah... Van Halen did kick some moderate ass at one point... althogh david lee roth bugs the {censored} out of me.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

hey man... i know we've disagreed before... i was just trying to interpret for ya... I actually kind of like the look of kramers, but picked one up once and didnt like the feel. I'm sure you got what he meant anyways. Hell I know people that think anyone over 30 that still owns a guitar is a loser, and refusing to grow up. Well I'm 31 and the only money i owe is on my house which i have about 35+ % equity in... thats the great thing about woodinville ... homes here have appreciated more in the last 5 years than pretty much any other part of the seattle area.

I actually dont even live in woodinville though.. im out side city limits... You'd hate it here... its still plastered with kerry for prez stickers...

Next year i'm moving even further out in the boonies in the outskirts of portland.

Oh yeah... Van Halen did kick some moderate ass at one point... althogh david lee roth bugs the {censored} out of me.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!

David Lee Roth was the only REAL singer of Van Halen!!!!

• Members

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!

David Lee Roth was the only REAL singer of Van Halen!!!!

I'm not saying the band was better without him... i just liked them a lot more before i heard david lee roth not singing... like in interviews... its really surprising with the ego war between him and eddie that the band lasted as long as they did.

I enjoyed the music at the time, and while i cant say i hate it now... i just dont seek it out, and dont own any albums on disc... i think i still have a couple of tapes in my attic somwhere.

• Members

I miss it. I really, really do. This weekend, when my dad, his wife, my grandmother, and my two brothers were up visiting, I made the realization that I lived in Milwaukee for as long as I've lived anywhere during my life (8 years). It's an inherent part of me now, and while you might hear me bitch about the {censored} there, I sure loved it, and the {censored} just made me a better {censored}-eater.

God Bless Wisconsin!

• Members
Originally posted by Alexbiscuit

Living in Chicago, I have no reason to ever to go wisconsin other than to take my kids to the Dells in 20 years when I'm 40... god forbid I ever actually do that...

FIB...
:p

• Members
Originally posted by hangwire

[ribbing]

well technically, you don't live in Chicago
:D
especially since you are from North of the city... when I lived in Chicago for grad school... most people didn't take too kindly to north shore and up folks
:D
plus- you probably would have a hard time adjusting to walking on land that isn't flat, driving on roads that aren't all torn up despite tolls, eh FIB?

[/ribbing]

Actually I do live in chicago. On the corner of state and congress!

• Members

yeah dude - my stuffs in my dorm but I'm living at home until I actually start school, seeing as none of my friends have left yet. It's nice because I have alot of friends in the city, and when theres a party, and im too drunk to go home, I take the L to my dorm and sleep there.

• Members

hey, really , no matter where you go , it's only as good as you make it. There is alot of great stuff here in wisconsin and there is alot of boring bull{censored} too. Not sure but i'm guessing I'd get bored in just about any other town in the country if I didn't go out and find the good {censored} . Complaints?? Taxes, weather, weather... Positives? Friendly people, (for the most part) , friday fish fry's, Sundays durring football season.. Alpine Valley (huge national concert venue thats open air and just awesome) . It's all good .

• Members

I've been in Madison, WI for over 20 years now -- great launching pad to places all over the world via Chicago and Minneapolis -- great city itself (recently voted #1 city in the US overall and our nearest suburb just hit in the top ten as well--world-class university brings everything one can wish for in the way of intellectual interests and types of people; beautiful lakes, nice people overall, still pollitically left of center in a big way even though it isn't as liberal as it once was. Outstanding schools, low unemployment, etc., etc. Now, that's Madison. I also lived in the Green Bay area for ten years -- interesting, though entirely different place! I've also lived in Chicago -- hands down I'd pick Madison. I visit other places, I live in Madison. It has it all.

Archived