What other instruments do you like?

gr8fuldodd

• Members

Don't have to play them, just like them.

I love piano and organs, B3's to huge pipe organs

[there are free pipe organ concerts at Balboa Park in San Diego every Sunday]

Incidentally it's the largest outdoor pipe organ in the world! When they hit the low notes and hold them, it's so cool.

pipeorgan.jpg

I like sitar, tambura, and tabla

Vibes are cool

Violins, cellos, and double basses

I play none of these

• Members
Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

Don't have to play them, just like them.

I love piano and organs, B3's to huge pipe organs

[there are free pipe organ concerts at Balboa Park in San Diego every Sunday]

Incidentally it's the largest outdoor pipe organ in the world! When they hit the low notes and hold them, it's so cool.

pipeorgan.jpg

I bet that pipe organ sounds glorious!
If I had another life I'd go with the keyboards.

• Members

To play or to listen to?

I like the piano.

I like the drums.

I like most strings instruments, especially the violin and the cello, but not the banjo. With ethnic guitar-types I am very hit-or-miss (I may love one and hate another). I'd be interested in trying the harp, but not to play it in the standard classical way.

I generally do not like playing wind instruments, as I'm very clumsy with them, but I absolutely like the sounds of the saxophone and the bagpipe.

The instrument I hate most is the accordion.

• Members

Bass (SO much more better than guitar, end of) Fretless bass, 6 string left handed banjo, guitars guitars guitars.

I got an old organ with a huge speaker under it, and the keyboard lights up to help you learn the notes. It has various bells and whistles.

I also have a Yamaha DX27 that my mothers school threw out because it 'didn't produce any sound'. Basically they didn't plug it in to anything. haha. I write some lovely synthey rpg computer game style stuff with it.

Glockenspiels, Dulcimers, any percussive keyboard type stuff.

• Members

Back in the 80's my dad got really into organs, and actually had a guy come into our house and build a custom pipe organ for us. It was awesome, but I was too young to really get to play with it much at the time. We ended up selling it, and its now the organ in a church sanctuary somewhere.

Oh how I wish it was still around for me to play with.

• Members

I like a whole bunch of instruments. Special mentions include cello, sarod, kanjira, French horn, and others I can't think of now. Of the ones listed, I can play kanjira, and probably French horn (because I play trumpet).

I play a lot of instruments, but I probably don't "like" them as intensely as instruments that I can't play. I considered buying a cello. If I bought it and learned it, I probably woudn't like it so much :D

• Members

I'm with Roy. My all-time fave instrument is the pedal steel. It's damn near impossible to play, can sound like a swan weeping or a buzzsaw going through a spinal cord and you can cover it in rhinestones. A close runner-up is a Fender Rhodes going through a Script Phase 90 or just about any phased electric piano. It's the smooth, gold-chain-wearing pickup artist of keyboards.

Archived