Who can sum up the jrak controversy?

• Members

1. Talentless dimwit challenges blowhard on grounds of musicality.

2. Forumites try to gently persuade talentless dimwit that he is a talentless dimwit.

3. Talentless dimwit asserts that he is neither talentless nor dimwitted, but rather an artist (and good looking).

4. Forumites laugh; hurl insults.

5. Talentless dimwit responds with lame (and often grammatically incorrect) comebacks, including frequent assertions that nobody here plays with as much sould as he does.

6. Talentless dimwit leaves forum angrily.

7. Forumites ponder the meaning of abovementioned events, wondering if they have perhaps been Bon Jovi'd by said talentless dimwit.

This last one hasn't happened yet (to my knowledge), but I expect it will:

8. Talentless dimwit goes to his room, cries because nobody loves him, and learns to play emo.

• Members

The sad thing is, he probably lurks here and because of all of the attention he's gotten, he probably thinks more of himself than ever before.

It's like the other internet phenomenon kids that JCN was talking about (that Star Wars kid, etc.); I'm sure it's like their fifteen minutes. Like reality television or something. Like negative attention somehow is better than none at all.

• Members

Originally posted by murtaghstyle

Doesn't jrak have a pedalboard that costs more that the average car?

I rememeber seeing an echozar, that yellow butt pedal, and a bunch of lovepedal stuff.

This is the best part, and this is what makes me feel like the whole thing was just some horrible joke/troll thread. So many nice toys yet such a {censored} sound. I would have loved the thread a lot more if Robo would have just completely ignored it. Someone else already had posted his far superior clips.

Anywho, my pedalboard for the last three weeks? A Dano FnC. Granted, I have my amp attenuated so I'm getting dirt from it, but it's been interesting (and fun) playing with such a minimalistic rig for the last several weeks. I think I'm a much more focused player right now as a result. (although no denying there is quite a bit of talent to making six or 9 (or 10 or 12?) boxes work properly with each other -- on stage no less...)

I'm sure I'll go back to my boxes at my feet -- especially could do with a tuner again -- but they've just been sitting in my board case for the last month or so.

• Members

Originally posted by Ivor The Engine Driver

This is the best part, and this is what makes me feel like the whole thing was just some horrible joke/troll thread. So many nice toys yet such a shit sound. I would have loved the thread a lot more if Robo would have just completely ignored it. Someone else already had posted his far superior clips.

I think it could have been a troll, but there again, having $$$$s of stuff on your pedal doesn't guarantee a great sound, I should know :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

I think it could have been a troll, but there again, having $$$$s of stuff on your pedal doesn't guarantee a great sound, I should know
:freak:

I know too. I have more and better pedals than Jrak still I think his music grooves a lot more than mine.

• Members

Originally posted by threm

I know too. I have more and better pedals than Jrak still I think his music grooves a lot more than mine.

Clearly none of us have the soul or feel exemplified by the mighty jrak. I am not worthy.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Oh, then of course, there were the

Which I personally found to be rude, distasteful and completely uncalled for.

Seriously {censored}ing genius on so many levels...

I can just feel the soul.

Lets not forget that JRAk was also schooled in the blues.

And there is no soul in Jazz...

Archived