slash sucks

aussieguitarnut

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

isn't slash one of those guitarists who says he is completely self taught and never had a lesson in his life???:rolleyes:

I hate that {censored} I think it is people trying to make out they are better than they are. Everyone has guitar lessons at some point eg yesterday one of my friends show how to play the cords for this song That is a guitar lesson and everyone does it all the time and it makes you a better guitarist hence it is a guitar lesson

• Members

Originally posted by tigger_ferret

isn't slash one of those guitarists who says he is completely self taught and never had a lesson in his life???
:rolleyes:

I hate that {censored} I think it is people trying to make out they are better than they are. Everyone has guitar lessons at some point eg yesterday one of my friends show how to play the cords for this song That is a guitar lesson and everyone does it all the time and it makes you a better guitarist hence it is a guitar lesson

He has said that people have shown him how to play some things and he learned from other means like books, magazines, plaing along with records, etc... He just never paid for dedicated lessons.

• Members

Originally posted by Porkchop Xpress

He just never paid for dedicated lessons.

It shows. He's good, but there's a kid who's better in every town. Slash is pentatonic noodler who knows the rock licks and chords, but he's far from "great".

You wanna hear a "great" guitarist really butcher a Hendrix tune? Listen to Kirk Hammett doing Little Wing on the Metallica DVD. The guy sounds like a sloppy beginner.

• Members

OK, am I going crazy here? Slash has written some kick ass songs, right? Holy {censored}, it's like the whole world has taken crazy pills. Angus Young pretty much sticks to first position bangers when he writes songs and he plays his fair share of pentatonics, but nobody ever denies that kicks ass. Slash is no different. It is Rock 'n Roll.

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Klink

It shows. He's good, but there's a kid who's better in every town. Slash is pentatonic noodler who knows the rock licks and chords, but he's far from "great".

You wanna hear a "great" guitarist really butcher a Hendrix tune? Listen to Kirk Hammett doing Little Wing on the Metallica DVD. The guy sounds like a sloppy beginner.

Why don't you post a clip of yourself out-shredding either of thsoe dudes?

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Porkchop Xpress

OK, am I going crazy here? Slash has written some kick ass songs, right? Holy {censored}, it's like the whole world has taken crazy pills. Angus Young pretty much sticks to first position bangers when he writes songs and he plays his fair share of pentatonics, but nobody ever denies that kicks ass. Slash is no different. It is Rock 'n Roll.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Archived