Ibanez TS7 - KILLER PEDAL

RoboPimp

• Members

I just sold mine. The Tonelock feature is pretty cool but I wasn't impressed by the build quality. It has a plastic case and no nuts on the sockets so that any movement is transferred to the PCB (same as the much cheaper Dano and Behringer models).

The biggest problem, however, was the switch - it was extremely unreliable. You simply couldn't guarantee it would switch on or off when you stomped it.

• Members

Now that they've worked out their flimsy on/off switch (I believe), several of them should be considered kick-ass pedals.

I'd still prefer to just get a SD-1 and mod it, tho. About the same price, and better build quality.

Edit: grob-bucket, I seem to remember that my CF7 had a metal case, not plastic.

• Members

My TS7 is metal... Not plastic. :confused:

I like how the pedal sounds, though. It's my main overdrive. I just wish the switch worked reliably. It's not as 'warm' as a real TS9, but honestly, that's *why* I prefer it. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by grob-bucket

I guess I was wrong. Mine sure looked like plastic. Maybe it's a thick paint coat or something.

ive been told that the first issue of them were plastic, although ive never seen one that was. I got my first TS7 the year they came out... but not the first month or anything.

I bought a 125b box last year to rehouse one of them in... maybe ill get arround to it some time. I want to true bypass it and all... but really its got like 7 circuit boards in it. what a mess. It will take a lot of glue to hold it together.

• Members

Originally posted by grob-bucket

I just sold mine. The Tonelock feature is pretty cool but I wasn't impressed by the build quality. It has a plastic case and no nuts on the sockets so that any movement is transferred to the PCB (same as the much cheaper Dano and Behringer models).

The biggest problem, however, was the switch - it was extremely unreliable. You simply couldn't guarantee it would switch on or off when you stomped it.

the ts7 is the only tubescreamer i have that HASNT died on me after years of abuse. and i have one of each, ts5, ts7, ts9, od9, etc... so go figure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Originally posted by airship71

No kidding, that was rather sly, wasn't it?

Impressively so. :thu:

You see folks, THAT'S how to do a spam thread and manage to not get it deleted. :D

Seriously, bring up a subject as an topic for discussion, and then later (not in the first post Robo :rolleyes:;) ) casually mention that you have one that you might consider selling. That way, it doesn't look like a spam thread, and it has redeeming discussion value. :)

Thread stays open. :wave:

• Members

heheh

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Impressively so.
:thu:

You see folks, THAT'S how to do a spam thread and manage to not get it deleted.
:D

Seriously, bring up a subject as an topic for discussion, and then later (not in the first post Robo
:rolleyes:;)
) casually mention that you have one that you might consider selling. That way, it doesn't look like a spam thread, and it has redeeming discussion value.
:)

Thread stays open.
:wave:

Archived