What pedal would you most like to see cloned?

hempathy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A sample and hold filter, value minded of course.

Maestro psa-1 phase shifter. I don't think anyone's made a clone of it, yet, but I don't know why if they haven't. I could be mistaken about that. I certainly don't know every pedal in existance. A nice thick phasing tone from this.

A mosrite fuzz-rite clone. I know you can find some of them for cheap on e-bay, but it'd be nice to have something that could stand to gigs with tb.

Oh, and the idea of a meatball clone (or a ring stinger or a doppleganger clone) that doesn't cost a fortune is also a kewl idea in my book.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

A mosrite fuzz-rite clone. I know you can find some of them for cheap on e-bay, but it'd be nice to have something that could stand to gigs with tb.

i built one, didn't like it. i think it's collecting dust as we speak

• Members

A sample and hold filter, value minded of course.

Maestro psa-1 phase shifter. I don't think anyone's made a clone of it, yet, but I don't know why if they haven't. I could be mistaken about that. I certainly don't know every pedal in existance. A nice thick phasing tone from this.

Oh, and the idea of a meatball clone (or a ring stinger or a doppleganger clone) that doesn't cost a fortune is also a kewl idea in my book.

there are a few fuzz-rite clones around...tonefactor has at least one...

• Members

Originally posted by doug deeper

there are a few fuzz-rite clones around...tonefactor has at least one...

If you're referring to the Ashbass pedal. I did some research on it, and in doing so, there seemed to be some qualms about the build quality. I asked around here and never got any replies about the construction, so I figured fuck it. I know shit like reviews really need to be taken with a grain of salt, but when you see from multiple sources that there's build issues, I'd rather use caution. The only other one I can think of was one made by some aussie company that was like $200 usd (assuming I translated their currency right), which seemed like way too much.

Originally posted by birt

i built one, didn't like it. i think it's collecting dust as we speak

How much? :D What didn't you like about it? Too harsh/nasty sounding? I love the sounds of those old garage/acid rock bands, and their fuzz sounds. Mysuspicion is that they had the organ playing along with it to get some of those more complex textures than say an envelope filter. I played a wah pedal once that had that fuzz built into it which kicked major ass. I don't remember the name of it, now. Generally, those fuzz-wahs usually suck. I wasn't too impressed with it's wah function.

• Members

There's always Tym's Buzzrite www.tymguitars.com.au This guy is a Mosrite freak (makes clone guitars etc) so it'd haf to sound like an original. Rep is very solid for his guitars (TIKI owned on I think). Am sure his pedals would be of the same quality.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

Guitarville in seattle has offered to let me borrow a biphase to take appart and put back together... im actually kind of scared of breaking it.

I can't imagine that the circuit would be difficult for you considering what you've already done.

My Boss GT-8 has a sim of the BiPhase and once I heard it, it was an immediately recognizable sound. I can only imagine how much it would kill with a real analog pedal. :cool:

Archived