What pedal would you most like to see cloned?

hempathy

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

a meatball clone that doesn't cost a fortune is also a kewl idea in my book.

It's next on the Barge Concepts to do list for 2006. We've got a schematic, the beginnings of a layout, have sourced some of the harder to find parts, and an idea of how we want to layout the box. If all goes well, we'll probably start prototyping in february, and have it available for sale by summer.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by camerashake

It's next on the Barge Concepts to do list for 2006. We've got a schematic, the beginnings of a layout, have sourced some of the harder to find parts, and an idea of how we want to layout the box. If all goes well, we'll probably start prototyping in february, and have it available for sale by summer.

that would be awesome.. a meatball for under $500! hope you can make it really affordable for more people!

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

I can't imagine that the circuit would be difficult for you considering what you've already done.

My Boss GT-8 has a sim of the BiPhase and once I heard it, it was an immediately recognizable sound. I can only imagine how much it would kill with a real analog pedal.
:cool:

Well, i already have an idea of what is going on in it. my questions are more about the specific parts used in it. I am pretty sure that a lot of the stuff in it probably isnt made any loger and i would have to desloder it to test parts to find modern matches... That is where the danger lies.

• Members

Originally posted by hempathy

I could build the bi-phase or the FP777. Take a while to design a layout prototype and release though.

I am actually working on the EH polyphase. With the original NOS optocouplers. Its the only envelope controlled phaser I know of.

Sounds very good. I can't wait.

BTW, the Pigtronix with the Marv mod does the PolyPhase thing.

• Members

Originally posted by hempathy

I could make you a one off ibanez standard fuzz if you want.

1590B size aluminium enclosure (think MXR), 3PDT true bypass, Green LED. 2.1mm negative tip + battery power. Solid construction.

Send me a PM.

You have a PM. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

There's always Tym's Buzzrite
www.tymguitars.com.au
This guy is a Mosrite freak (makes clone guitars etc) so it'd haf to sound like an original. Rep is very solid for his guitars (TIKI owned on I think). Am sure his pedals would be of the same quality.

Yeah, that's the dude I was talking about. $200 plus shipping from aus would probably be quite expensive, and if the damn thing breaks down, well that's just another hassle. Besides, he has no sound clips there for me to salivate over. I have e-mailed him in the past, and at the time, they were taking a short break from making them. That was quite a while ago, perhaps I should e-mail him again.

Originally posted by ck3

http://www.vintagefx.com/Fuzzriot.htm

I wouldn't mind seeing an
clone myself.
:wave:

I checked that site out. The price seems right, but I don't like his concept of modding the pedal. I found it quite humorous that he made the pedal a hybrid, considering the reason it was si was originally because its ge brethern (fuzztone) kept getting too cold and stopped working for slide players. Too bad that high-gain sound clip sounded like ass. The smooth one sounded more like an old bosstone (which also fucking rock). I love weird-ass vintage effects.

btw iirc, the standard fuzz is just one of the many super fuzzes of a different name from the 70s.

Originally posted by camerashake

That sounds really kewl. If I haven't found something to meet my special needs by the time that pedal comes out, I'll certainly check it out.

Archived