What pedal would you most like to see cloned?

hempathy

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

btw iirc, the standard fuzz is just one of the many super fuzzes of a different name from the 70s.

If you look in my "Stadnard Fuzz clone request thread", you'll notice that doug deeper compared its design to that of a Superfuzz, but mentioned that there was an additional component in the circuit. :thu:

As for the Vintage FX Fuzzriot, I never noticed anything about the schematic being altered for the clone ... oops. :o

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by ck3

If you look in my "Stadnard Fuzz clone request thread", you'll notice that doug deeper compared its design to that of a Superfuzz, but mentioned that there was an additional component in the circuit.
:thu:

As for the Vintage FX Fuzzriot, I never noticed anything about the schematic being altered for the clone ... oops.
:o

I must've missed that thread. I'll have to go dig it up after Tommy Boy.

I don't know how to read schematics, but on his website, he says that he replaced one si transistor with a ge one. He says he also added an extra gain stage. From his site:

**New Design - I have added a third stage to the original Fuzzrite Design that has resulted in slight increase in gain and a very noticeable increase in volume & sustain. (12/04).

My gripe is mostly about those sound clips, though. I'm not exactly sure how much an extra gain stage would change the sound of it. Maybe you just read what he says because I'm not the most technical minded person here (atleast fx wise).

• Members

Yeah, that's the dude I was talking about. $200 plus shipping from aus would probably be quite expensive, and if the damn thing breaks down, well that's just another hassle. Besides, he has no sound clips there for me to salivate over. I have e-mailed him in the past, and at the time, they were taking a short break from making them. That was quite a while ago, perhaps I should e-mail him again.

Yeah, the lack of soundclips is almost unforgivable really in this day and age. Still, I emailed Tim a few weeks ago about the Buzzrite and he didn't give any indication they weren't making them at that time. It's AUD$200 which would be $160ish US.

• Members
Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Yeah, the lack of soundclips is almost unforgivable really in this day and age. Still, I emailed Tim a few weeks ago about the Buzzrite and he didn't give any indication they weren't making them at that time. It's AUD$200 which would be $160ish US.

It's getting cheaper by the minute. :D I e-mailed him a long time ago, a lot longer than I thought because the e-mail isn't saved anymore, so it was probably just around that time. Yeah, the whole not having clips is disapointing. GAS definitely increases with clips. The whole if it breaks down still worries me though, s hipping to aus can get expensive, qucik. Still, I might drop him an e-mail and ask him a few questions and take it from there.

• Members

i know. i'm certain that if i live for a long time and never give up completely on guitar, i'll eventually own a lot of hammond-style boxes and be happy with them. it's the sound that matters most, but it would still be nice to see some new looks.

• Members
Originally posted by innobidova

i know. i'm certain that if i live for a long time and never give up completely on guitar, i'll eventually own a lot of hammond-style boxes and be happy with them. it's the sound that matters most, but it would still be nice to see some new looks.

kay' just pull 100,000 stamped steel enclosures with battery doors out of you ass

NOW :mad:

• Members

hamond style boxes have a couple really practical qualities... the 1590b is just wide enough to fit a 9v battery... 1/4" jacks will also fit across its width, and its just tall enough to accomodate the height of a blue 3pdt swich.

There is also a slightly bigger box called a 125b that is no more than 1/2 and inch bigger in each dimesion, but you can fit 3 times as much stuff in it... the 1590b is really good for small circuits, and is still big enough to work for a conventional layout.

Problem is there isnt really much out there in its price range that is sturdy enough to build boxes in...

i found some boxes that looked cool in a catalog, but just didtn hold up to being stomped on.... its too bad they were kind of unique looking.

• Members

LOVETONE ? Flange With No Name (PLEASE CLONE IT!)

ADA Flanger with stereo outputs (PLEASE CLONE IT!)

HK Tube Factor in a smaller box and with a volume control on factor 2

WHAMMY (one with an optical expression pedal and better bypass)

LOVETONE Ringstinger (or any ring mod for a decent price)

MINI-MOOG

• Members
Originally posted by 44ofjuly

here it is
:)

echobox2.jpgechobox.jpg

nice pics of the innards of that thing. i was at the NAMM show when it was unveiled... there was loads of ballyhoo but when i went into the sound booth to hear it, the guitar went "bling!" and the echo slapped back "blort." "bling!"... "blort." and i never heard another one sound any better... problem was, cassette transports don't offer the proper head arrangement for doing echoes. if they would have built up some kind of custom head setup, it might have sounded better.

• Members

How much?
:D
What didn't you like about it? Too harsh/nasty sounding? I love the sounds of those old garage/acid rock bands, and their fuzz sounds. Mysuspicion is that they had the organ playing along with it to get some of those more complex textures than say an envelope filter. I played a wah pedal once that had that fuzz built into it which kicked major ass. I don't remember the name of it, now. Generally, those fuzz-wahs usually suck. I wasn't too impressed with it's wah function.

it sounded to much like a distortion to me, i suppose i suspected more fuzz. i think i personally didn't like the tone of that effect. i can still put it in a box if you want to buy it tough.

• Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

nice pics of the innards of that thing. i was at the NAMM show when it was unveiled... there was loads of ballyhoo but when i went into the sound booth to hear it, the guitar went "bling!" and the echo slapped back "blort." "bling!"... "blort." and i never heard another one sound any better... problem was, cassette transports don't offer the proper head arrangement for doing echoes. if they would have built up some kind of custom head setup, it might have sounded better.

:(

them pesky cassettes!!! :cry:

Archived