OT - New trail of dead album.... thanx for pointing it out to me catlinbread!!

Kid_A

• Members

Which album is this?
I saw them when they played in Bristol a couple of years ago - I thought they were great. Afterwards I managed to get backstage and was in the bands dressing room drinking with them till the small hours! That was a fun night:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Twang

Man, I think their latest album is {censored}. The lyrics are laughably bad.

Here's a good review:

Worlds Apart

see i thought source tags and codes was {censored}e!!! one good song... put me right off them...

i dunno... diff tastes...

:idea:

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

Man, I think their latest album is {censored}. The lyrics are laughably bad.

Here's a good review:

I actually very much liked the lyrics. So different strokes for folks. What makes the album good in my oppinion is the fact that it makes sense to listen straight through. It is not a "skip to track 4" album. I was weened on the rock opera so I like a nice flowing album. Same reason I like that last Mastodon album.

• Members

I went into this album wanting to love it.

But I just liked it. It's good, I enjoy it... But I don't have any motivation to listen to it repeatedly. Something is missing... For me, at least.

Still, I have nothing against it. :D Good album, just not magical.

Team Sleep, or Coheed seem to hold as my favorite albums of the year. Babyshambles was hilarious just because it was amusing to hear how doped up they were, though. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Klisk

Babyshambles was hilarious just because it was amusing to hear how doped up they were, though.
:thu:

my god................. wot a joke albion was....

tho, listen to the single version of killamangiro and its b-side man who cam to stay... both cracking tunes!

shame hes turned into a sad state of affairs...

• Members

Originally posted by Kid_A

my god................. wot a joke albion was....

tho, listen to the single version of killamangiro and its b-side man who cam to stay... both cracking tunes!

shame hes turned into a sad state of affairs...

+31

I hate listening to Babyshambles because I can see some small potential that could have been improved upon to make a great song or hook just wasted because... er.. Pete's too wasted.

• Members
Originally posted by Turd Furgison

Hey catalinbread does a band called
Idiot Pilot
get much press out your way? I mean they are from the seattle area so i figured they would, but have you had a chance to see them at all?

No. I am not super excited by Seattle music. Portland has taken away the edge. There is some cool metal stoner {censored} going on though. I say that mostly cause that is the sort of music my buddies are doing these days. :thu:

• Members

Worlds Apart made it through three plays in my truck's CD player, and was promptly scattered to the back of the cab.

replaced by Sources, and other more deserving bombast.

i tried to like that album, and i just couldn't. i was hoping for at least three good tracks and i got two, but nothing near as euphoric as the first 4 tracks of Sources...

those guys definitely have another great album in it, but they need to put some hunger back in the process.

i'll be there with my 12 bucks when they do.

and {censored} Pitchfork Media - just a buncha over-educated sack-lickers that try and inject too much pedigree into rock n' roll.

• Members

Originally posted by Turd Furgison

Hey catalinbread does a band called
get much press out your way? I mean they are from the seattle area so i figured they would, but have you had a chance to see them at all?

I saw Idiot Pilot open up for Team Sleep in NJ, actually....

.. 2 Piece band, singer and guitarist who plays through a laptop. The laptop goes directly to the PA, all the amp models are on the laptop, as well as the drum and bass/etc.

The guys have stage presence, and they tried their best to have a sense of humor.. Although they did get easily offended by the crowd, too. It was an awkward experience. And drunk people kept insisting they play Primus songs.

Not a bad preformance, though. Not outstanding, either... I think their music holds up a lot better on album.

• Members
Originally posted by ChitownTerror

+31

I hate listening to Babyshambles because I can see some small potential that could have been improved upon to make a great song or hook just wasted because... er.. Pete's too wasted.

+1

Exactly.

But you have to admit, it IS funny to hear an album be a total trainwreck just because of drugs. It's hilarious. Even though the music turns out lousy...

I guess the mournful part is that the guy used to have such a great voice, and now he doesn't even stay in tune. Well he does. But just barely. You know what I mean. :cry:

I agree about killamangiro, though.

• Members

I saw Idiot Pilot open up for Team Sleep in NJ, actually....

.. 2 Piece band, singer and guitarist who plays through a laptop. The laptop goes directly to the PA, all the amp models are on the laptop, as well as the drum and bass/etc.

The guys have stage presence, and they tried their best to have a sense of humor.. Although they did get easily offended by the crowd, too. It was an awkward experience. And drunk people kept insisting they play Primus songs.

Not a bad preformance, though. Not outstanding, either... I think their music holds up a lot better on album.

There is quite a laptop battle scene here. Not one I am particularly interested in but the peoples are always at parties. So I find myself involved in conversations about plugins and apps more often than which EL34 to get for their Plexi. There are things I appreciate about it, like the way folks think about musicality arrangement, textures etc. Mostly it seems like a remnent of that rave culture crap. Call me an oldman.

A cool band from around here to check out is FCS North. http://www.fcsnorth.com/fcs/
They are really a good band live. Of course Kinski is worth checking out to bring you a bit closer back to RAWK! :wave:

• Members

seein as tho 3 of us are talkin about babyshambles... this is how bad things have got for that man...

hes been reduced to posting on a fan forum asking for someone to "donate" a laptop to babyshambles in order for pete to upload some new songs for free for his beloved fans... :rolleyes:

{censored}ing asshole...

• Members

seein as tho 3 of us are talkin about babyshambles... this is how bad things have got for that man...

hes been reduced to posting on a fan forum asking for someone to "donate" a laptop to babyshambles in order for pete to upload some new songs for free for his beloved fans...
:rolleyes:

{censored}ing asshole...

LOL! Are you serious? He should ask Bam Margera, Bam is somehow a Babyshambles fanboy.

Regardlessly, funny thing about the guy is that he showed up to an interview ~5 hours late,~ sat down with the girl interviewing him, said, "Nice to meet you.." Snorted up a few lines of coke, and then stood up and left without saying another word.

Just awful. :( ... But amusing, I'm embarrassed to admit.

• Members

LOL! Are you serious? He should ask Bam Margera, Bam is somehow a Babyshambles fanboy.

Regardlessly, funny thing about the guy is that he showed up to an interview ~5 hours late,~ sat down with the girl interviewing him, said, "Nice to meet you.." Snorted up a few lines of coke, and then stood up and left without saying another word.

Just awful.
:(
... But amusing, I'm embarrassed to admit.

SAVE PETE DOHERTY LAPTOP FUND THREAD!!

haha things like that just make me laugh...

bam magera ehhh??? is there a quote sumwhere... id love to see wot he sed?!?!

haha

• Members

+1

Exactly.

But you have to admit, it IS funny to hear an album be a total trainwreck just because of drugs. It's hilarious. Even though the music turns out lousy...

I guess the mournful part is that the guy used to have such a great voice, and now he doesn't even stay in tune. Well he does. But just barely. You know what I mean.
:cry:

I agree about killamangiro, though.

One of my top ten guilty pleasure albums of the year. It's like watching a freak show roll through town-- you can't help but stare. :thu:

It's not just him though-- Carl Barat's new single is {censored}ing dreadful.

• Members

hes been reduced to posting on a fan forum asking for someone to "donate" a laptop to babyshambles in order for pete to upload some new songs for free for his beloved fans...
:rolleyes:

{censored}ing asshole...

sounds familiar..

Archived