Expression pedal for Line6 products?

jmingo

The M-Audio exp pedal should work - it has switchable polarity, so it should... that's probably the one I'm going to get to replace the Yamaha I have been using. The Yamaha (sorry, don't recall the model number offhand) works, but the treadle throw is too far, too angled, and it sits too high up off the board - it just "feels" funky to me underfoot.

• Members

My DL4 only works with the Line 6 expression pedal. It uses a plain old phone plug, where most expression pedals use a TRS (tip/ring/sleeve) type plug (thanks alot Line6 for not going with a standard).

Anyway, my Yamaha FC7 expression pedal does not work with the DL4 and as I remember, when I had an EV-5, that didn't work either.

How are you guys getting a TRS type expression pedal to work when the Line6 pedal uses a mono phone plug?

• Members

i'll head this with the fact that i rely on exp. pedals to work 100% b/c i fade loops IN/OUT

only problem with a line 6 DL4 i've had...

their exp. pedal is a cheap piece of thin plastic crap that falls apart after a short period of use.

right now i'm using a boss ev-5 for my first DL4, and a Bespeco vol. for my 2nd DL4 (it may be good to point out that Bespeco ALSO makes an expression pedal).

anyway, this is the problem i've been encountering ---

the DL4 & exp. pedal will be working 100%, and i might bring the loop volume in & out a billion times. then i'll leave it alone for a few minutes, and when i come back to it to fade the loop back in...

and nada - the loop isn't there.

tends to only happen with the Bespeco, but it HAS happened with the DL4 (using the Roland Volume pedal).

if i turn the mix knob then it generally turns back on, and thats essentially what the exp. pedal does...BUT it just happens sometimes.

now i've also noticed that often my 1st DL4 has the MIX knob all the way up (100%)and my 2nd DL4's MIX knob is all the way down...

and it just doesn't make sense.

i'm just thinking about using the Bespeco as a volume pedal again for my drummer's drum machine/pedalboard, and getting another Roland EV5.

any guesses why this is happening?

i need to consult my "Pilot's Manual" for once and see what the 'proper' way to use an exp. pedal is.:wave:

How are you guys getting a TRS type expression pedal to work when the Line6 pedal uses a mono phone plug?

Have you tried inserting the plug into the jack only part way? IOW, to the first "click"?

My current Yamaha exp pedal is TS only, and works great (but feels horrible), but doesn't work with my Memory Lane unless I only insert it half way into the jack.

• Members

EXPRESSION PEDALS SUCK.

i've never had luck with 'em. they're always cheaply made and feel like cheap plastic.

I USE VOLUME PEDALS INSTEAD!

i've been using a Morley volume pedal, plugging into the output like english_bob. works like a charm and is much more reliable. i actually have a Dunlop High Gain Vol pedal on the way to use instead b/c it's smaller.

preservation: sorry. no idea.

• Members

speaking of line 6 expression pedals, i can't get mine to work!!!:mad:

it fades the loops in and out, but on my presets that i've created, when i put the toe down and adjust knobs, it doesn't save the setting at all. nothing, nada, zip.

fuck! i want to be able to extend my delay times/trails but it isn't working. any help?

Archived