Your favorite distortion pedal is....

• Members

with my Fulltone Distortion Pro, i had to get inside and experiment with the trim pots.

i use MANY guitars through a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia and a Peavey Classic 50.

one pot controls a low mid sweep and helps the interaction between the low and mid knob adjustments on top.

the other pot determines the amount of gain allowed on that knob on top.

little adjustments at a time and keep the amp gain right at the brink of breaking up. i have found everything in there but it is a matter of taste and time.

i use an Xotic AC booster before the Fulltone for a lead boost. it adds a volume boost and gets the Fulltone over the edge for lead playing.

i use a modded Boss CS-3 for compression to keep things neat and tidy as far as even sound from string to string.

• Members

I think the only distortion pedal I own is the CrunchBox. I'll still take my FAB-50 or Balance for my sound. I don't think I am a heavy distortion guy.

I am kinda lost on the difference between overdrive and distortion. In my mind/ear I still want to hear the guitar not just a boosted clipped signal.

That is just me though, I want to sound like me not you.

YMMV :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarman_nebr

with my Fulltone Distortion Pro, i had to get inside and experiment with the trim pots.

i use MANY guitars through a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia and a Peavey Classic 50.

one pot controls a low mid sweep and helps the interaction between the low and mid knob adjustments on top.

the other pot determines the amount of gain allowed on that knob on top.

little adjustments at a time and keep the amp gain right at the brink of breaking up. i have found everything in there but it is a matter of taste and time.

i use an Xotic AC booster before the Fulltone for a lead boost. it adds a volume boost and gets the Fulltone over the edge for lead playing.

i use a modded Boss CS-3 for compression to keep things neat and tidy as far as even sound from string to string.

Internal trim pots, man like that thing doesn't have enough knobs.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Archived