Your favorite distortion pedal is....

• Members

I guess I gotta say the Tim. I like the first stage as an high EQ as it articulates the treble just wonderfully, and you can make a really nice OD with it, or use it as a striaght up clean boost with a very fine kachang capability. Now, when you cascade the second stage, the pedal really shines and it has an openness that is exciting, yet it has serious ballz if you want it. Plus, you can tweak the diodes from 2 to 4 on the second stage, and that adds another element. It also has a seperate EQ for the second stage. It doesn't compress the sound and it is articulate, cutting but never harsh or buzzy.

Second would be the keeley fuzz head. Ii like the silicon setting as it has a REALLY nice compressed sound which makes the bass aspect sound very cool. It's not trashy bright like a typical silicon pedal can be. Moreoever, it is an extremely powerful tho versatile pedal going from mere OD to searing lead distortion. The germanium setting is a more open, slightly darker OD to distortion pedal. It really isn't a 'fuzz' in the fuzz face notion.

• Members

Bixonic Expandora

It is very versatile, I can change through 4 different dip switch configurations. I typically keep mine in the overdrive setting and use it with my JCM 900 or Peacemaker gains to make things nice. I have played many distortions/overdrives but really like this pedal. It is great for everything I play - from Hank to Hendrix. I wouldn't mind having a couple of them so that I can run different configurations simultaneously.

• Members

MJM Foxey Fuzz - I've got to stop my self from hitting that one everytime I do a lead. It always cuts through the mix with endless sustain.

Keeley/Ibanez TS-9 - this is another box I can't get enough of, warm creamy chords, and it cascades into the Foxey Fuzz beautifully. I also have a Keeley/Ibanez TS9DX, that I use for bluesier leads, like I said I can't get enough of this box.

Keeley/Boss DS-1 - it fills a certain place in the distortion spectrum that I can't find in any other box, and I've bought a bunch of boutique distortion boxes, but this one alway's seems to creep back on to my pedalboard.

• Members

Marshall Guv'nor (I'm such a spammer for that pedal), followed closely by the Big Muff. I'd probably say that the Muff sound is my favorite, but the Guv'nor is versatile and it just gets the job done with ease, so that's why it's my top. It's a workhorse type of pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarman_nebr

Fulltone Distortion Pro.....it gets a lot of bad reviews because it is a hard pedal to learn. it has a learning curve to control it and make it do what you want to, but when you do....OMG

I've got one lying around, I didn't have the patience to find this great sound. But I'd like to now the details of how you got yours to sound great. What kind of guitar, amp, music, what settings....anything that you can tell me, I'd be interested to know.

Archived