Whats a sleeper EL-84 head that has reverb?

• Members

Originally posted by duderanimous

Nope, the Peavey Classic 50 uses 4 x EL84's, the Classic 30 uses 2 x EL84's, and if you can find a used Classic 100 on eBay, it uses 8 x EL84's
:eek:

I have a Classic 30 and it has 4 EL-84's. It's actually 22 watts. The Classic 50 uses 4 EL-84's as well but is putting out closer to 50 watts (I don't know the exact number) I don't know how but they're different configurations using the same power tubes to achieve different power levels. This is total speculation but maybe the 30 is using 2 pairs in parallel and the 50 isn't.

• Members

their site isn't working for me right now, but you might look into http://electrosonicamplifiers.com . Their Neptune head might be up your alley. It doesn't offer a reverb stock, but they do a lot of customization. Plus their {censored} looks and sounds fantastic.

I really like my thermosonic combo.

Here's a link to some info on the nepture: http://www.record-producer.com/learn.cfm?a=1629

• Members

Originally posted by donnievaz

I have a Classic 30 and it has 4 EL-84's. It's actually 22 watts. The Classic 50 uses 4 EL-84's as well but is putting out closer to 50 watts (I don't know the exact number) I don't know how but they're different configurations using the same power tubes to achieve different power levels. This is total speculation but maybe the 30 is using 2 pairs in parallel and the 50 isn't.

I stand corrected :cool:

You're right, the Classic 30 is supposedly running class A power using 4 xEL84, while the Classic 50 runs class A/B with 4 x EL84

• Members

Valvetech Amps Hayseed 30 with reverb option...

hayseedtop.JPG

Handwired AC30 clone, tube reverb is 75$ extra... half power switch, EF86 switch that switches between the an ef86 tube and a 12ax7 tube for preamp. Essentially making it able to BE an ac15, with the half power and ef86 tube switched.

That is all

www.valvetechamps.com

• Members

i heard some soundclips from a person on the gearpage who had a vox ac30 and the hayseed clone... settings were identical,etc... and the vox sounded way better... the vox ate the hayseed and spit it out... just based on those clips though...

• Members

Definately check out the Crate VC 30 or 50. I've always considere Crate amps to be crap, but I played a VC 30 at a band practice one time and again at a guitar shop near me and that thing was SMOKING. Good clean tone, awesome OD sounds, and they can be had for under 300 bucks easy.

The only reason I don't own one is I simply don't have any need for a 30 watt amp in my apartment. My Blues Jr. barely gets used anymore because even that is too loud.

• Members

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

Bedrock had a 25 (but LOUD for 25) watt and a 50 watt version of their 600 series head, they pop up on Ebay once in a while. I used to have the 25-watt combo and it was very cool. Bedrock's stuff was underrated.

Indeed, I've got one, the BC 50, el84, reverb, two channels with mini toggles to change the treble and bass from tight to loose, effects loop, and looks like a vox ac-30 in fawn tolex.

Sounds awesome, from deep super cleans to marshally growl, I love the sound. But I have too many amps so It's gonna have to go soon.:(

Archived