Whats a sleeper EL-84 head that has reverb?

• Members

hi guys, i'm back from my weekend vacation. lots of good suggestions here.

i think i may be selling the Route 66 to raise some funds. Fantastic amp, just not the sound i'm seeking at the moment. any takers, PM me.

to answer some questions from the thread, I want most likely want a head, but i haven't ruled out a combo.

i think i may be selling the Route 66 to raise some funds. Fantastic amp, just not the sound i'm seeking at the moment. any takers, PM me.

• Members

Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

Valvetech Amps Hayseed 30 with reverb option...

hayseedtop.JPG

Handwired AC30 clone, tube reverb is 75$ extra... half power switch, EF86 switch that switches between the an ef86 tube and a 12ax7 tube for preamp. Essentially making it able to BE an ac15, with the half power and ef86 tube switched.

That is all

www.valvetechamps.com

thats a good deal!

• Members

alright, i'm adding to my own post.

I want something that will stay pretty clean. I want a head if possible because i already have two MadSound (a 2x10 and a 4x10 www.madsound.com for those who are curious)

I've been looking at some Mesa's with EL-84's. The Blue Angel, Maverick and Lonestar Special all look cool. I'm also looking around for .50 Caliber's etc.

Right now i'm playing through my girlfriends litte brother's Mesa Studio Caliber. I'm pulling some nice clean sounds out of this little amp (run through my 2x10). My pedals sound fugging great, the gainster and direct drive both sound fantastic. The Direct Drive sounds like {censored} through the Route 66. Through the Mesa, it's perfect.

I've never had the Studio Caliber extremely loud so i don't know what kind of headroom it has but to have such a nice clean sound even when playing a Les Paul style guitar is quite an accomplishment as far as i'm concerned. I do know that it gets loud in a hurry though. I keep the Master on 1.5 for household playing.

I'm just playing around with ideas. I don't know what i'm gonna get but i do know i want a nice chimey clean.

• Members

You can always use a combo to power a cab ya know. I was amazed how good my Blues Jr. sounded hooked up to a good 4x12 cab.

I want a Mesa Blue Angel bad. Those things sound sweet.

I'll always probably end up buying combos, because I like having the option of them standing alone or hooking them up to separate speakers.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

You can always use a combo to power a cab ya know. I was amazed how good my Blues Jr. sounded hooked up to a good 4x12 cab.

I want a Mesa Blue Angel bad. Those things sound sweet.

I'll always probably end up buying combos, because I like having the option of them standing alone or hooking them up to separate speakers.

i'm using a combo to power a cab now. I just don't want to lug both out.

Blue Angel's are bad ass thats for sure. It's on my short list

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i'm using a combo to power a cab now. I just don't want to lug both out.

Blue Angel's are bad ass thats for sure. It's on my short list

I hear you on that. I do think that as long as you're able to mic cabs though, a smaller 15-18w combo isn't much heavier as many heads, and they can also double as kickass practice amps.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

I hear you on that. I do think that as long as you're able to mic cabs though, a smaller 15-18w combo isn't much heavier as many heads, and they can also double as kickass practice amps.

i agree completely.

i'm going to try this 25 watt little Mesa i've got at band practice this week. If it's got enough juice i may just buy it for cheap.

haha, maybe ill cut it up and make a head out of it. or stick a loud eminence 12 in there.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i agree completely.

i'm going to try this 25 watt little Mesa i've got at band practice this week. If it's got enough juice i may just buy it for cheap.

haha, maybe ill cut it up and make a head out of it. or stick a loud eminence 12 in there.

You can always do that also! I've seen some Bassman head cut up and put inside a cab with speakers, so no reason why you can't do the opposite.

Archived