John Frusciante...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dunno' man I like his style now quite a bit more than I did back then, Im just not realy big on the funk type stuff, all though I still listen to it, some of the early stuffs wicked too, I just like him more now;) the sounds he gets are just so awsome!

• Members

Originally posted by markom89

i dunno' man I like his style now quite a bit more than I did back then, Im just not realy big on the funk type stuff, all though I still listen to it, some of the early stuffs wicked too, I just like him more now;) the sounds he gets are just so awsome!

I am not into funk stuff either, but if you look at their Hendrix covers...his tone and playing are great. I think the one I am remembering is "Castles Made of Sand", but I am not old and my memory might be going...

• Members

yea!!!...castles made of sand is wicked...the one covered by RHCP, god that was an awsome performance!!!!...its on youtube!
what do you guys think of that thing that RHCP did with snoop dogg like a few years back at the music awards or something like that?...

• Members

Originally posted by BlurryBoy 13

So people basically like Jimi Hendrix songs is what everyone is saying?

well, that, and that Frusciante can still be great without being the most flash or whatever-type if guitarist.

• Members

...not realy...I mean my mesa mk IV's awsome, Im sure the diezel VH4 or herbert im getting this summer is/are awsome amp(s) too... and theres the boutique-ish amps out there... but I realy like marshall amps, not much of the new stuff...but all the older stuffs great!!!...what I would do for a silver jubilee 25/50... like johns!!!...to be honest, Ive never even tried out a fender amp... I dont know why, but...I was close to buying the 57' twin reissue once...but then I got my MK IV instead;)

• Members

...not realy...I mean my mesa mk IV's awsome, Im sure the diezel VH4 or herbert im getting this summer is/are awsome amp(s) too...

... but I realy like marshall amps, not much of the new stuff...but all the older stuffs great!!!...what I would do for a silver jubilee 25/50... like johns!!!

...to be honest, Ive never even tried out a fender amp... I dont know why, but...

• Members
Originally posted by whowasthursday

I love how markom completely missed the sarcasm... even when you can see in his sig that BlurryBoy uses a traynor.

our good friend sarcasm, I deny thy existence...
how blissful is a life, excluded from sarcasm, irony and cynisism..

that's why I have lots of (musician) friends who really really LIKE my playing and really like ME because of the GEAR I use, chug around and claim rediculous stage room to have my 'pedal area' cleared......

:rolleyes: ...really...! :cry:

:thu:
BTW: I think this is a classic:

... but I realy like marshall amps, not much of the new stuff...but all the older stuffs great!!!...what I would do for a silver jubilee 25/50... like johns!!!

...to be honest, Ive never even tried out a fender amp... I dont know why, but...

• Members

i think that frusciante is very good.... his sound is good... he does some different stuff. But how can you guys put this guy on the hendrix level??? john has played some beautiful things but jimi was mind blowing. To the one who said that they didn't understand John Mayer... I could see someone comparing mayer to hendrix much quicker. the trio album is pretty blazing... his acoustic work is really amazing... and I love his singing too. I've heard mayer play with clapton and guy and sco. and he either holds his own with them or sounds better.... never below. I like frusciante as a bcgd singer better than a soloist. his fals. is really nice... but I just can't get into his solo stuff at all. And have you seen his artwork??? I wouldn't hang it in my house. It just seems like some people try too hard at art. You can listen to Jimi's stuff and tell that he breathed and bled his music. the guy couldn't go to a movie without bringing his guitar with him. he opened the door for all of us and i feel like we can be quick to put whoever on his pedestal. Just like the next "michael jordan" arguement. Kobe this... lebron that..... kobain this.... mayer this.... frusciante that. One mike... one jimi period.

• Members

Hey, I wonder if john frusciante ever tried out any other amps besides marshalls & fenders...???

Of course he has.

He used loads of Vox's for some of his solo stuff (might have been live)

And I've seen him play through a Diezel once at some live show too.

• Members

Originally posted by grayeyes777

i think that frusciante is very good.... his sound is good... he does some different stuff. But how can you guys put this guy on the hendrix level??? john has played some beautiful things but jimi was mind blowing. To the one who said that they didn't understand John Mayer... I could see someone comparing mayer to hendrix much quicker. the trio album is pretty blazing... his acoustic work is really amazing... and I love his singing too. I've heard mayer play with clapton and guy and sco. and he either holds his own with them or sounds better.... never below. I like frusciante as a bcgd singer better than a soloist. his fals. is really nice... but I just can't get into his solo stuff at all. And have you seen his artwork??? I wouldn't hang it in my house. It just seems like some people try too hard at art. You can listen to Jimi's stuff and tell that he breathed and bled his music. the guy couldn't go to a movie without bringing his guitar with him. he opened the door for all of us and i feel like we can be quick to put whoever on his pedestal. Just like the next "michael jordan" arguement. Kobe this... lebron that..... kobain this.... mayer this.... frusciante that. One mike... one jimi period.

Let me summarize: His art sucks at background singing. Jimi was surgically attached to his guitar which was on a falsetto pedestal. Lebron, Kobe, and John Mayer should have a three-way.

Did I miss anything?

• Members

"Whereas poor production values and drug-fueled exuberance once excused their George Clinton worship, 20 years on, in Rick Rubin's sterile environment, the band sounds like they're in jamband training camp, filling in all the empty spaces with blippityblap reminders of Flea's virtuosity and John Frusciante's desire to use every effects pedal ever invented (potentially the primary motivation for making this a double album)."

Archived