John Frusciante...

• Members

yea, I agree man, I know what your saying...I thought he had a 55' strat that Anthony bought for him, I didnt even know he had a 62' I guess thats the one in the back during the video... Man I realy want a vintage strat!!!....either a 57' or 62'...and that white falcon he has in the californication video is awsome...the 55's the best one!!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, hes the reason I started playing the guitar too, hes the reason I went with a fender strat for my first electric... and the first song I learned was scar tissue too;) I always try to write his type of riffs and RHCP's style of music in general...Ive been listening to them since I was 8, and now Im 16, and just over a year ago when I heard some of his solo stuff and saw their live stuff (especially live from slane castle) I got the strat and ever since I play it everyday, its my favourite guitar out of all my $2000+ guitars... sadly Im getting rid of my 83' Marshall JCM800 :(:cry: but I will still have my MK IV and getting a new Diezel this summer:) :D but the JCM 800 was awsome, had a good year with it... man, does anyone know where I can get one of those WH10 wahs?...they sound freakin incredible! white falcons kick ass!!! so do vintage strats...my goal in life is to attain a 50's or 60's strat!

• Members

Originally posted by markom89

Yea, hes the reason I started playing the guitar too, hes the reason I went with a fender strat for my first electric... and the first song I learned was scar tissue too;) I always try to write his type of riffs and RHCP's style of music in general...Ive been listening to them since I was 8, and now Im 16, and just over a year ago when I heard some of his solo stuff and saw their live stuff (especially live from slane castle) I got the strat and ever since I play it everyday, its my favourite guitar out of all my $2000+ guitars... sadly Im getting rid of my 83' Marshall JCM800
:(:cry:
but I will still have my MK IV and getting a new Diezel this summer:)
:D
but the JCM 800 was awsome, had a good year with it... man, does anyone know where I can get one of those WH10 wahs?...they sound freakin incredible! white falcons kick ass!!! so do vintage strats...my goal in life is to attain a 50's or 60's strat!

:eek: , you are 16 and have a Mark IV and a JCM, oh my!!! I

• Members

Man, were can I find one of those 200 watt "vintage" marshall heads?... are the silver jubilee's he uses the dsl100 ones?...or is silver jubilee the actual name of the head?...were can I also get one of those???

• Members

Man, were can I find one of those 200 watt "vintage" marshall heads?... are the silver jubilee's he uses the dsl100 ones?...or is silver jubilee the actual name of the head?...were can I also get one of those???

you gotta ask your best friend Vincent Gallo before he was acting to run towards the States to find it for u... :p

actually VGallo did that for the Gretsch and an SG...

• Members

whos vincent galo?...what are you talking about?
:confused:

VGallo is quite a famous movie actor and director, who used to collect vintage guitars for friends / customers in the past, customers / friends like John Frusciante

that's what i was talkin about :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by StratAtak83

the blue ones are digitech pds 1002's ..80's delay pedals .. i have the pds20/20 , pretty much the same thing , but moer options and the ability to tweak for more time ..

the orange thingamajeg is Guyatone VT-X Tube Tremolo...

more info about that here..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=155009&src=3WFRWXX

I use that delay....crazy to see two of them on his board :eek: ...I didn't know any 'pro' uses em' ....

• Members

His head is an actual Marshal Silver Jubilee 25/50 it is the same model as what Slash used back in the day before he had his own Signature Model (which is almost identical but some people argue they sound different).

As for a Marshal Major (200 watt)... they do come up used from time to time but Greg Germino at www.germinoamps.com might be able to hook you up with one... not too cheap... but not too expensive either... his custom work doesn't cost a fortune either, if he has a schematic and a couple of working models... he can do it for you. Honestly though, the Monterey Classic is the way I'd go for his tones... the Major is for stadium stuff.

-TJK

• Members

Yea, hes the reason I started playing the guitar too, hes the reason I went with a fender strat for my first electric... and the first song I learned was scar tissue too;) I always try to write his type of riffs and RHCP's style of music in general...Ive been listening to them since I was 8, and now Im 16, and just over a year ago when I heard some of his solo stuff and saw their live stuff (especially live from slane castle) I got the strat and ever since I play it everyday, its my favourite guitar out of all my $2000+ guitars... sadly Im getting rid of my 83' Marshall JCM800
:(:cry:
but I will still have my MK IV and getting a new Diezel this summer:)
:D
but the JCM 800 was awsome, had a good year with it... man, does anyone know where I can get one of those WH10 wahs?...they sound freakin incredible! white falcons kick ass!!! so do vintage strats...my goal in life is to attain a 50's or 60's strat!

You say you're getting a Diezel this summer?!?! :eek: I missed that the last 15 times you posted, thanks for making sure I saw.

Whoever made that Hendrix comment has really got me thinking...that comparison isn't too far off at all.

:thu:

• Members

How come his board looks totaly diffent every time I see it?... how recent is that picture?...last time I saw it was at that dani california thing from chads house...it looked more...full?...and had like 4 moogs...

• Members

that comparisson isnt too far of at all...:) Frusciante is my all time favourite guitarist!!!...I may go threw phases were I like different guitarists but hes been like number one the whole time, its like hes just a givven for me...sorry about the diezel thing lol... im excited...

• Members

The only way you're going to get one of those wahs is by luck. They are discontinued and hard to get ahold of, which is why mine doesn't go on the road. They definately have a very sweet texture to them... and with an adjustable sweep range and switch for guitar or bass, they're just great. If wah is your thing..

BTW since your getting a new Diezel I'll trade you my wah for that ole crappy Marshall head of yours. Straight up. :) ha ha

• Members

lol,...umm do you guys know of anywhere I could possibly get one of the WH10'S whats the diff between that and the WF10??? What pedal do you guys think I should get next?...a Pete cornish TB-83 extra, Lovetone Doppelganger, Lovetone meatball, way huge swollen pickle, moog phaser, moog ring mod, or any suggestions for some high end boutique/boutique-ish pedals???

• Members

Originally posted by TaronKeim

John has always reminded me of Hendrix... but more if Hendrix was a 300lb Heavyweight boxer... not as fast... not as technical... but methodical... powerful... and packing some killer "hooks"

-TJK

You saw this right:

Yep, I can't wait for the new one either.

:jb

• Members

lol,...umm do you guys know of anywhere I could possibly get one of the WH10'S whats the diff between that and the WF10??? What pedal do you guys think I should get next?...a Pete cornish TB-83 extra, Lovetone Doppelganger, Lovetone meatball, way huge swollen pickle, moog phaser, moog ring mod, or any suggestions for some high end boutique/boutique-ish pedals???

SOngbird had one about a year ago.

Now stop talking. Seriously. No one likes a braggart

Lots of people here have nice gear. But you don't see them name dropping at every given opportunity.

If you're going to brag at the drop of a hat, please provide us with an entertaining segue .

That is all.

• Members

WF10 is a fuzz wah. I prefer the WF10 above the WH10, which isn't that special anyway :rolleyes:

Archived