John Frusciante...

• Members

Does anyone know exactly what Mr.Frusciante uses?... I know Ive asked this sooo many times before, but no one has been able to give me a detailed list of all his gear, I would also realy, realy like to see atleast ONE CLEAR picture of his entire rig, the ones Ive seen are all blurry and you can hardly see anything, I just realy admire him, and hes my alltime favourite guitarist...him and frank zappa, omar rodriguez lopez and recently matt bellamy, but John was always my number one favourite, and i realy, realy, realy want to know exactly what he uses!!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what he's using today is not exactly what he was using six months ago, and that is not exactly what he was using one year before that. or a year before that.

which means bucky nailed it above.

• Members

I heard hes changed his board once since the californication era... and now hes got a nice big one, actually 3 big ones made to look like one ginormous one, I happened to see a realy blurry picture of it...of his so called pedal board...

• Members

Stadium Arcadium is ridiculously good.

The guitar work and mixing is amazing. Theres multi-layered solo's that like zoom around your head.

I liked him when he was a minimalist, now hes goin' all out and it's awesome

• Members

Originally posted by markom89

I heard hes changed his board once since the californication era... and now hes got a nice big one, actually 3 big ones made to look like one ginormous one, I happened to see a realy blurry picture of it...of his so called pedal board...

Yeah that monster is like 10 feet long

• Members

thats just discusting...I cant bare to look at it...my god!!!...that thing is beautiful!!!!...weres his FF?...doesnt he use one?... wtf are all those moogs?...probaby everyone they make for guitar... I want his chorus and wah pedals soooo bad!!!

• Members

Originally posted by StratAtak83

THat man has the sickest pedalboard of 2006 .. its huge . with moog's all over the place..

NIzzle you wanna see FIREEE ..

newboard.jpg

"hi, is this pedalworld? this is john frusciante of the RHCP. i'd like some pedals...mm-hmm...yeah, i'd like 2 of everything...yeah, that's right, two."

• Members

thats just discusting...I cant bare to look at it...my god!!!...that thing is beautiful!!!!...weres his FF?...doesnt he use one?... wtf are all those moogs?...probaby everyone they make for guitar... I want his chorus and wah pedals soooo bad!!!

he has a big muff .. who needs a ff?

me :thu:

• Members

what are those two blue pedals and that one orange one on top???

the blue ones are digitech pds 1002's ..80's delay pedals .. i have the pds20/20 , pretty much the same thing , but moer options and the ability to tweak for more time ..

the orange thingamajeg is Guyatone VT-X Tube Tremolo...

more info about that here.. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=155009&src=3WFRWXX

• Members

Originally posted by echoic_memory

Why does he need three Moog Low Pass Filters? Ah, what the hell, when you have {censored}loads of money, why not blow it on gear. Better than blowing it on smack.

.chris

Low Pass and Phaser maybe with the colored lights and stuff?

• Members

lets see what i can name off the top of my head.

For amps he uses a marshall silver jubilee head for dirt and a marshall major head (200 watts) for cleans. He uses marshall 4x12 cabs of some sort.

For pedals he uses a fuzz factory, big muff pi, a discontinued ibanez WH10 wah, line 6 DL4 delay modeller, line 6 FM4 filter modeller, various moog pedals, EH electric mistress, ect

For guitars he won't use anything new so he plays all vintage. his famous strat is a '62 fender, but he also has a '55 with a maple neck. His telecaster is from the 60's but im not sure what year. he has a '55 gretsch white falcon.

• Members

Pretty good overview here.

Giveitaway

"For pedals he uses a fuzz factory, big muff pi, a discontinued ibanez WH10 wah, line 6 DL4 delay modeller, line 6 FM4 filter modeller, various moog pedals, EH electric mistress, ect"

That Ibanez WH10 wah is a gem. Best sounding wah I've tried. I use a Crybaby (barely) on the road but I always pulled this thing out when I recorded with a wah.

Anyone know what he uses for power?

• Members

Originally posted by Snare227

Pretty good overview here.

Anyone know what he uses for power?

apparently he uses batteries in every pedal, and once they drop below 9.1v out they go ...

• Members

He also uses a Silver Fender Showman for his cleans as well... at least he did back in 2001.

John has always reminded me of Hendrix... but more if Hendrix was a 300lb Heavyweight boxer... not as fast... not as technical... but methodical... powerful... and packing some killer "hooks"

-TJK

Archived