Gotta love chick bass players!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Back when I lived in LA I saw a band with the singer from Love/Hate a couple of years after they broke up that had an awesome chick bassist. Not only could she play her ass off but all she wore was duct tape bikini bottoms and a piece over each nipple. For some women that would look wrong but on her it was hella good. Anyone but me see that band? I think it was at the teazer, the guitarist invited me after selling me a fulltone dejavibe. Awesome show.

• Members
Originally posted by Fourth Floor

Ok, question for you lads:

I auditioned bass players on the weekend.

Had two who were quite good.

1) Female bass player. Fishnets, boots, dreads. Played quite well but looked a little like she was fighting the intrument a little. Learnt our songs in drop D, despite them not being recorded that way. We have a slightly lazy groove and she played good straight rock bass. We'd have to educate her a bit. We liked her as a person and the bass playing fitted in well. With more time her playing could fit in more.

2) Guy bass player. Looks-wise would fit in well i.e. a scruffy bloke. Nice guy. Extremely skilful. Maybe too skilful. He did some weedly stuff as fills. Had a cold but still learned 6 songs in the morning before he came in. We'd have to pull his playing back and I'm concerned he'd weedle over any new stuff we did. We have 2 guitarists and normally we add atmosphere, rather than fill the space with al lot of bass. He'd go well in a power trio.

We couldn't split them. Do you go with virtuoso or do you go with a token chick bass player?

I say, if the chick bassist is hot, get her, teach her, then take sexual favors as gratitude :D

Archived