Gotta love chick bass players!

• Members
Originally posted by ChitownTerror

Nah, not DNA. It's the subculture. Drinking PBR and eating burgers takes its toll on on you a lot harder than drinking mojitos, jogging and eating pad thai at overpriced boutiques.

I'm not dissing rockabilly and custom culture, but man, that subculture just doesn't age well.

Must be a different subculture where you are to me then cause the Rocker girls I saw growing up and even today are sweet ... at all ages and they eat very well and like most normal girls do - sushi and thai and the usual Aussie fusion quisine we have in OZ ... they don't just junk on burgers and thick shakes! That's living the myth a bit too strong. :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Must be a different subculture where you are to me then cause the Rocker girls I saw growing up and even today are sweet ... at all ages and they eat very well and like most normal girls do - sushi and thai and the usual Aussie fusion quisine we have in OZ ... they don't just junk on burgers and thick shakes! That's living the myth a bit too strong.
:D

We tend to do things to the hilt here, Tiki. ;)

But yeah, I think the ones in the states take it a bit far, plus with the amount of fatasses in the states, it's no wonder that your chicks age a bit better. :D

• Members
Originally posted by ChitownTerror

We tend to do things to the hilt here, Tiki.
;)

But yeah, I think the ones in the states take it a bit far, plus with the amount of fatasses in the states, it's no wonder that your chicks age a bit better.
:D

Well I'm surprised actually cause I've seen allot of pics from the Vegas yearly rocker gatherings and there are loads of sweet looking Rocker girls at those events of all ages but hey ... there ya go.

• Members

Kristen Pfaff

May 26, 1967 - June 16, 1994

kristen2.jpg

Was it a heroin accident or was she killed when leaving Hole ten weeks after her soul mate Kurt Cobain was found dead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristen_Pfaff
http://www.justiceforkristen.com/

Btw. There was a thread on the talkbass forum a couple of years ago called "Bass babes!" with lots of pages and pics.

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

Like I said, she will kick your ass.

eh...it's an act.

I knew her when she was a prada bag carrying, sparkle lip gloss wearing rave ho.

it wasn't that long before NP, either.

• Members

Now I'd like to see this lady play bass!

Yeah, that`s more like it.

Only problem .......... she would choose a glossy 6-string Carvin AAAA Quilted Curly Figured Maple in see through purple

:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

\

ugh..i hate that heroin junky.

she learned to play in the Kansas City scene before moving to join NP, and she was basically a trashed junky whore that ditched everyone she knew if it got her ahead. one of my friends dated her, taught her to play and she moved in with him. she stole his money, some equipment AND his friggin dog.

i mean, seriously..wtf?

and when she came back for her first show with NP to one of the KC clubs, she proved she hadn't changed much by hurling an ashtray through a window when a girl accidentally backed into her and spilled a bit of a drink on her.

nice.

she does NOT look good up close.

she doesnt look good from far away by the looks of it either :-/

• Members

Ok, question for you lads:

I auditioned bass players on the weekend.
Had two who were quite good.

1) Female bass player. Fishnets, boots, dreads. Played quite well but looked a little like she was fighting the intrument a little. Learnt our songs in drop D, despite them not being recorded that way. We have a slightly lazy groove and she played good straight rock bass. We'd have to educate her a bit. We liked her as a person and the bass playing fitted in well. With more time her playing could fit in more.

2) Guy bass player. Looks-wise would fit in well i.e. a scruffy bloke. Nice guy. Extremely skilful. Maybe too skilful. He did some weedly stuff as fills. Had a cold but still learned 6 songs in the morning before he came in. We'd have to pull his playing back and I'm concerned he'd weedle over any new stuff we did. We have 2 guitarists and normally we add atmosphere, rather than fill the space with al lot of bass. He'd go well in a power trio.

We couldn't split them. Do you go with virtuoso or do you go with a token chick bass player?

• Members

Tough one but you have to go with the person who will serve the music best closely followed by personality and looks running last. Looks can be altered to a degree and personalities can be channelled but trying to teach old dogs how to serve the song can be pushing {censored} up hill ... infinately! :D

• Members

Thing is, we really don't need a virtuoso bass player. As you say, just someone to suit the music. I like melodic bass lines of course and I like every instrument to be interesting in its own right. But it was so tough to split them.

I like your order of priorities, Si. We'd have to mould (English spelling) either of them. One we'd have to bring back to a simpler style and that has its own problems, as it canbe squashing expression or ego. The other we'd have to teach a little or just spend the time with and it could work but then again it could be tough.

• Members

I think your generally better with someone who doesn't already have the need to go widdly widdly ... it's like a fidgety habit with allot of players who then can't help themselves because it's like practice ... they compulsively want to go widdly widdly on everything even when they think they aren't. I'd go with the chick to be honest ... better to have someone who underplays than overplays for what you seem to be after.

• Members

I think your generally better with someone who doesn't already have the need to go widdly widdly ... it's like a fidgety habit with allot of players who then can't help themselves because it's like practice ... they compulsively want to go widdly widdly on everything even when they think they aren't. I'd go with the chick to be honest ... better to have someone who underplays than overplays for what you seem to be after.

Wow, something I actually agree with Tikirocker on.

Archived