OT: new orange amps

zinzin

• Members

Originally posted by houseofglass21

I have an AD-140TC coming in soon. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I've seen someone play one in person and it was LOUD.

I concur with that statement.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd put the Tiny Terror on top of my 1x15 cab, mmmmm....

I like the idea of having something tiny to carry to clubs, too. Providing that the club has cabs you can borrow, it'd be cool. I like the direction Orange is going here, but please, give us a damned oranged shell! That would seal the deal for me. (I know, that's kind of silly, but looks matter somehow. :freak: )

The Thunderverb, on the other hand... That's just overkill. :freak: I'm not as fanatical about amps and tone and the like as much as many other people here, I'll admit, so I can't say it excites me at all. Although I could see it's usage for arena bands.

• Members

Originally posted by regent

hope theres an effects loop

the thunderverb has an fx-loop.

Originally posted by losergeek

i wonder if it'll make a good bass amp

oh yes, to quote the german website info: "because of its sheer massive power also usable as bass amp."

Originally posted by houseofglass21

I have an AD-140TC coming in soon. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I've seen someone play one in person and it was LOUD.

orange amps are louder than hell!

Originally posted by Klisk

I'd put the Tiny Terror on top of my 1x15 cab, mmmmm....

they also have a new 1x12" cab coming out next august, the PPC112 (http://www.orange-amps.de/artikel.php?nr=48.03.03), and as they say that would be the perfect portable amp for small gigs. the specs of the 1x12" cab: 100 w, SRP 265 euro (excl. taxes). maaaaan ... i sound like an orange agent:D but i want one so bad myself ...

• Members

If I had my wood working and tolexing skills up to snuff I would go into business building a combo encosure for that puppy. I would also have a removeable back for the speaker cab portion so it could run open back or closed back. You heard me...CLOSED BACK COMBO CAB! The amp portion would remain open (so the tubes can breathe) but I'd seal up the speaker portion of the cab. Got it??

Place orders now. Pick a colour. I'll send you the bill bitch.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by General Delgado

Well if I was one of those subhumans content with preamp distortion and sterility from the underworked power section then YIPPEEE {censored}ING YEEEHAA.

:rolleyes:

you're right. every amp that is over 30 watts is purely {censored} tone. oh yeh, and anybody who uses them is obviously a "sub-human.":rolleyes:

you were really trying with that one, weren't you? it's ok, everybody makes an ass of themself sometimes.

Archived