Ever just think you should screw individuality and get a STRAT?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why not be a little different an go G&L. They are wicked guitars. Dollar for dollar better than a strat. Better tuners, tremolo, pickups fit and finish. I have a G&L dealer here in South Florida with a whole wall full of beauties. Even with the matching headstocks, sweet. They are flawless. Good luck, whatever you get make sure it feels / sounds good first, color and looks are secondary.

• Members

I picked up my Am. Del. mainly because of the pickups, not just because it was a Strat. But I'm still a lot more comfortable with my C-1.

I'm just not sure I'm a Fender guy. I owned a Tele briefly and then traded it back for the Strat. Now I've got the Strat, and ... Let's just say I'm looking around. I think something with P-90's is next on my list.

• Members
Photo2_42090.jpg

Nice looking G&L.

If I got a G&L, I'd prefer a humbucker bridge so I could drop my Vintage Vibe HB-P90 in there.

My one complaint about strats is I'm not really into the single coil bridge tone on the strat. Needs more beef.

taco

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Photo2_42090.jpg

Nice looking G&L.

If I got a G&L, I'd prefer a humbucker bridge so I could drop my Vintage Vibe HB-P90 in there.

My one complaint about strats is I'm not really into the single coil bridge tone on the strat. Needs more beef.

taco

Put a HB in the bridge, w/ a coil tap and you got the best of both worlds.

• Members

I want that Jazzmaster in your Avatar! :)

Within the category of Strat, you can definitely be original. Colors, pickups, guards, rear routed, hardware, headstock shape/color, et al. I think a Strat/Tele/LP is much more beautiful than those ugly 60's funky guitars that try to look 'different'.

• Members

taco

My Grosh Retro Classic has a Lindy Fralin Umbucker in the bridge with a coil split in the tone knob, it also has a blend knob that lets you blend the neck pickup in with the bridge, you can dial it in to sound like a Tele.

• Members

Yup.
But I would want hot rails at bridge and neck. And I know I could get a better guitar for less money by not buying one with Fender on the headstock. ANd I like a 12" fingerboard radius, locking tuners. Then I realise I've got three guitars that are variations on that configuration already.

Archived