Ever just think you should screw individuality and get a STRAT?

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

A fiesta red strat with rosewood board would be pretty tastey. Especially if it had a fiesta red headstock too.

:wave:

The originality ain't in the guitar or amp.

Its silly how many people want to sound different and think they have to buy unusual equipment to do so.

Ron

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A fiesta red strat with rosewood board would be pretty tastey. Especially if it had a fiesta red headstock too.

being an individual means buying the guitar you want regardless of how many others have/don't have one. Shouldn't be a factor in your choice.

• Members

I've always enjoyed playing them except I don't like how the volume knob is so close to the strings. I would probably just move the volume to where the top tone knob is and set the bottom tone knob to operate all 3 pickups.

taco

Thats exactly what I did to my strat copy when I decided to redo it all.. its perfect now :)

Picture006.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

i like strats cause theyre so simple and sound really open and are easy to play...

heres my bastard....

Wow, that looks really good... Is that Lake Placid Blue? I'm not a fan of tortoise, and I like maple better than rosewood, but man, that really works out nicely on that guitar! :thu:

• Members

Pretty Strat.
As for the strat, it is just a tool.
Who cares about anything else if it gets the job done??
Beats me, my strats cover a good spectrum, with good sounds that I like:)

• Members

Strats have the following going for em:

1. built-in reverb tank (trem springs/cavity)
2. bad-ass acoustic tones thanks to the middle pup
3. a fuller sounding neck pup than the tele's
4. a better trem than any fender
5. comfort

i don't like:

1. the shape
2. the trem arm
3. lack of bridge/neck pup combo on most models

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

i don't like:

3. lack of bridge/neck pup combo on most models

Hey #3 in the "don't like" column is an easy fix :thu:
You can do it with a push/pull pot or a simple SPST switch, as in my photo or do what the Seymour Duncan site says below. Basically you are adding a switch that turns ON the bridge pickup with any combination chosen with your 3 or 5 way switch. The mod lets you now get a Tele middle sound if ON in position #5 (5 way switch) or #3 (3 way switch) and if you use position #4 on a 5 way you now have all 3 pickups on! I have done this mod to a number of Strats and it creates a very usefull sound, I call it the "Poor Mans Tele Mod" ;)

Strat

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

Hey #3 in the "don't like" column is an easy fix
:thu:
You can do it with a push/pull pot or a simple SPST switch, as in my photo or do what the Seymour Duncan site says below. Basically you are adding a switch that turns on the bridge pickup with any combination chosen with your 3 or 5 way switch. The mod lets you now get a Tele middle sound if ON in position #5 (5 way switch) or #3 (3 way switch) and if you use position #4 on a 5 way you now have all 3 pickups on! I have done this mod to a number of Strats and it creates a very usefull sound, I call it the
"Poor Mans Tele Mod"
;)

yup. that's why i said "most models." some come with the push/pull knob. "S-1" switching they call it.
i get the best of all possible worlds cuz my guitar has strat pups (4!) with individual on/off selectors!

guyatonesb2.jpg

I like the painted headstocks, but only on some Fenders.

I have a red strat. And a sunburst. I've probably owned a dozen different strats over the years... but I'll be hanging on to these two.

IMO, the Strat may just be the perfect electric guitar. I love the shape and the playing comfort - the bevelled body just fits and doesn't dig in or cause any strain while playing. And they sound and look cool too.

I wouldn't want to find myself in this situation, because I have several guitars and they're all useful to me for getting various different tones, but if I had to get rid of every electric I have except for one, the one I would keep would be a Strat. Indivduality? Who cares! If something's popular, there might be (or might not be ;) ) a reason for it. :) And while I really don't care about popularity, if something works well for me and I like it, I'm not going to avoid using it just because it's popular. ;)

YMMV of course. :)

• Members

I couldn't find a strat that did it for me so I built this one:

front_01.jpg

USA Custom Guitars medium-lightweight alder body
USA Custom Guitars maple/maple w/vintage size frets
Lindy Fralin's: Unbucker bridge P/U and Real '54s middle and neck P/U's
Hipshot tremolo bridge
Gotoh 18:1 locking tuners

It plays and sounds fantastic! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by deadbob166

i want a black strat with a black w/white edge pickguard and white pu covers, not because i like strats, because it's the best looking guitar i've ever seen. has to have a maple board too

Surely you mean black pick up covers and controls...

• Members

i have actually! was considerin other guitars but thought {censored} it get a strat! on the look 4 one now...

• Members

you took my {censored}ing idea... minus the headstock. but i'm seriously gonna paint whatever strat i get fiesta red/orange. so few strats actually come that color

• Members

Yes. I need strat or a g&l legacy. As I played my les paul and my tele last night, I enjoyed them...but had this overwhelming craving for something glassy and something with a vibrato.

On another note, I tried a MIJ Tele 50's Bigbsy this weekend. It was really nice. Stayed in tune quite well despite serious bigsby abuse on my part. Lightweight too. Nice blonde finish with black pickguard. Liked the maple neck with vintage frets and small radius. I'm used to that.

Alas, I crave a strat a bit more. I might even go for one with the single coil bridge. What the {censored}, Jimi didn't use no steenking humbucker on his strat! ;)

Haha.

• Members
Originally posted by tlbonehead

being an individual means buying the guitar you want regardless of how many others have/don't have one. Shouldn't be a factor in your choice.

Being an individual means SHUT THE {censored} UP!

And I apologize.
:o

• Members
Originally posted by blackmoreisgod

"trends" are bull{censored} - no matter what they are.

Nowadays, playing a Strat is like flipping the finger to all the atonal metalcore sheep...

*jams on Strat*

:wave::D

can you play little wing? :p

Archived