Ever just think you should screw individuality and get a STRAT?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by basscracker

well a jazzmaster isn't to from from the rest of the herd.

Well, maybe THIS herd. It's funny, strats were so out of style but they're back in again. I mean clearly they are good guitars.

I've always enjoyed playing them except I don't like how the volume knob is so close to the strings. I would probably just move the volume to where the top tone knob is and set the bottom tone knob to operate all 3 pickups.

I'm assuming a stock vintage-style strat vibrato is easier to keep in tune than a jazzmaster right? Especially if the bridge is screwed right down to the body?

taco

• Members

I think individuality should come from the sound, not looks. So you should get whatever guitar "feels" and sounds the best to you, so you are best able to express your individuality by playing it. I have a strat, and I wasn't going to get one, but I shopped around for a long time and this particular guitar was the most comfortable, best sounding guitar to me. I don't really care what it looks like. When I start playing, the last thing on my mind is what my guitar looks like.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

forget a strat, i've started saving for this:

blobigtel.jpg

I'm traditionally a tele guy, I just love the feel of a tele, and I'm looking for something with some sort of a vibrato so technically the tele bigsby is something I could get into too. So I'm with you on that. Yummy.

This strat looks sweet too. The aged pickguard really brings the fiesta red home IMO.

photo1_4e8f4.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by jackpotjewell

I think individuality should come from the sound, not looks. So you should get whatever guitar "feels" and sounds the best to you, so you are best able to express your individuality by playing it. I have a strat, and I wasn't going to get one, but I shopped around for a long time and this particular guitar was the most comfortable, best sounding guitar to me. I don't really care what it looks like. When I start playing, the last thing on my mind is what my guitar looks like.

:thu:

Are you calling me a poseur?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

Well, maybe THIS herd. It's funny, strats were so out of style but they're back in again. I mean clearly they are good guitars.

I've always enjoyed playing them except I don't like how the volume knob is so close to the strings. I would probably just move the volume to where the top tone knob is and set the bottom tone knob to operate all 3 pickups.

I'm assuming a stock vintage-style strat vibrato is easier to keep in tune than a jazzmaster right? Especially if the bridge is screwed right down to the body?

taco

Yeah, I hate that about strats -- f$%&*# volume knob! I'd do exactly what you're thinking of, and rewire it so the middle position is just the neck and bridge pickup, skipping the middle one. Perfect!

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

Are you calling me a poseur?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

:wave:

Of course not.

I was just saying, find whatever guitar makes you want to play it constantly, and makes you feel the best about yourself. If you think a guitar is really ugly, and you don't feel comfortable w/ it, you shouldn't get it. Whether it's a strat, or whatever. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

Archived