Ok help me choose ...

• Members

Dan from Fourthfloor and I met up today since he was gigging in town and went guitar shopping down Paramatta rd ( Our equivalent of Denmark st London ) where all the guitar shops are ... had a great time trying SG's and SG copies cause that's what I've been in the market for lately. We eventually made it down to Jacksons rare Guitars where they had WHITE HIWATT head and cabs - STACKS and MATAMP heaven! We played with a 30th Anni Vox AC30 which was one sweeeeet amp also.

But cutting to the chase, after trying the Gibson SG Standard through Black Orange 30 combo ... Dan doing the Who's "CSI" themed riff ... I decided after doing the CSI riff myself that the SG Standard was the baby for me. So now it's a question of colour - part of me immediately says Cherry for tradition but then I saw this and was intruiged also.

What do you guys think, comment on it or vote on it. I plan to stick a Bigsby on it and upgrade to P90's also.

Natural Burst!

sgs-nb.jpg

Or Trad Cherry!

sgs-hc.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't dig red in anything but cherry almost get's away with it by being a bit darker ... I still prefer the natural way better though.

They also have this in the standard which was the colour we tried in the store but it's too Black Sagarse for me.

sgs-eb.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Yes ... Who Are You ... who, who - who, who ... I knew calling it CSI would piss some die hard off.
:D

aren't there like 39 of those shows, each with a different Who song?

i think they use "Happy Jack" for CSI:Topeka,
"5:15" for CSI:Salt Lake City, and "I Can See For Miles" for CSI: Downtown Boise Nights

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

aren't there like 39 of those shows, each with a different Who song?

i think they use "Happy Jack" for CSI:Topeka,

"5:15" for CSI:Salt Lake City, and "I Can See For Miles" for CSI: Downtown Boise Nights

Yeah they've got them allover the world now too ... let me think.

CSI Dubrovnik

CSI Bombay

CSI Kuala Lumpar

CSI Blackpool

CSI Scunthorpe

CSI Alaska - one of my faves!

CSI Stockholm - Nothing happens!

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Dan from Fourthfloor and I met up today since he was gigging in town and went guitar shopping down Paramatta rd ( Our equivalent of Denmark st London ) where all the guitar shops are ... had a great time trying SG's and SG copies cause that's what I've been in the market for lately. We eventually made it down to Jacksons rare Guitars where they had WHITE HIWATT head and cabs - STACKS and MATAMP heaven! We played with a 30th Anni Vox AC30 which was one sweeeeet amp also.

But cutting to the chase, after trying the Gibson SG Standard through Black Orange 30 combo ... Dan doing the Who's "CSI" themed riff ... I decided after doing the CSI riff myself that the SG Standard was the baby for me. So now it's a question of colour - part of me immediately says Cherry for tradition but then I saw this and was intruiged also.

What do you guys think, comment on it or vote on it. I plan to stick a Bigsby on it and upgrade to P90's also.

Natural Burst!

sgs-nb.jpg

Or Trad Cherry!

sgs-hc.jpg

+1 on the natural!
England are going home tomorrow!
Thanks for the "Rattus" nod.
:wave: :wave:

Archived