***Booster Pedals***

collisster

• Members

Hey,

I have a peavey predator guitar with stock pickups, and a randall Rh100 G2 amp, Its a great amp but I've been told in reviews and other forums that I need a booster pedal to drive it harder.

Can you give me an Idea of what a booster pedal is and what to get?

I play metal, and hardcore

• Members

Originally posted by collisster

Hey,

I have a peavey predator guitar with stock pickups, and a randall Rh100 G2 amp, Its a great amp but I've been told in reviews and other forums that I need a booster pedal to drive it harder.

Can you give me an Idea of what a booster pedal is and what to get?

I play metal, and hardcore

A boost...boosts your signal to give it more "oomph". Usually you throw it in front of an amp that is just on the verge of break-up or is already breaking up slightly. You can use a distortion pedal like the boss DS-1 as a boost.

• Members

Originally posted by collisster

I heard that the ibanez tbe screamer is good, its featured in some of the reviews of my amp. also what EQ should I get?

The tube screamer is populare with blues players. As far as an EQ goes the only one that I have really used was one of those Boss GE-7 ones. Worked pretty ggod. The GE-7 could also be used as a boost.

• Members

Originally posted by BaldGuy

I'm really liking the EHX LPB-1. Sounds just like the amp but with more ooomph. Don't know if that makes any sense but that's what it sounds like. Plus it's cheap.

You mean it's clean boost thats transparent ? Those are nice to have. How does it sound when it's off? Does it muffle the tone?

I have two boosts - a EHx LPB 1 (the original, mini effect) and a HBE Germania. The Germania is my favorite. It has a small toggle switch that allows you to use it as a full range boost, or as a treble booster. Great pedal, and at $100, it's not unreasonably priced either.

For EQ, I like / use a Danelectro Fish & Chips. Very inexpensive, and it sounds fine. If you're on a really tight budgt, You can get two of them and use one for EQ, and the other set "flat", but with the gain slider pushed for boost.

Archived