Say goodbye to Captain Coconut 2

Dave Fox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How much do you have laying around? I'll take 'm off your hands and set my retirement asure:D Like having a container load of NOS Digitech WH-1's or Ibanez flying pans:D

:( Unfortunatly i don't have the cash right now but i do have a very attractive girlfriend?!?:confused::p;)

• Members

Thanks for all the great replies in this thread. I posted it right before leaving for a gig yesterday, and it was a nice surprise when I got home.

Here are some replies to individual posts

therhodeo-

I can't wait to work on a new flanger. I got half way through designing one but had to put it on the shelf to get other things done. It's not as pressing because TZF isn't going away just yet, but the TZF experience gave me great ideas for something smaller, simpler, and just as cool (or cooler).

puretube

Thanks for the kind words. You're a good guy.

godard

Thanks, I hope you're right.

Wilbo26

It's good to have an ally with 12K+ posts. I can count on you to stop any Foxrox bashing when I'm not around!

Non-Digital Tom

I tried to do a last batch in white. Those who keep track might remember a thread where CC2 was called a "white elephant". At that point I was trying to get some bad metalwork repainted and I looked into getting them done in white with black lettering. Too bad the price I was quoted was too high...in the end each enclosure would have cost me over $60.00 each. Fabrication prices are a joke when you do small quantities. People will probably say "do it anyway", but that goes against my immediate goal, to free up time and get other balls rolling.

1DZReverendDavidLee

I can't thank you enough for all the support you've given me over the years. You're awesome.

MrMunky

Soon I need to sit down and add your links to my site. You do great demos- the music, the playing, the tones.. you can make any pedal sound good. Your playing reminds me of myself if I had better rhythm and practiced more in my formative years.

Brian Marshall

You're a good guy. I always enjoy your posts. And you make me feel like less of a dork for using my own name as my moniker. BTW, I like your website, it's nice and simple and organized.

Fenderson

I thought about putting out a "last call" announcement, but it wouldn't make sense because I've always been behind on them. It would have created a sudden demand and then I'd never get to discontinue the damn thing!

dotlikeimpact

If you are who I think you are, I remember that. When the seller wrote to me about it, I said "take it back, it'll be worth more soon" Apparantly there may have been a problem with it, either way, that guy did the right thing. CC2 problems are easy to resolve.

threm

Hang in there -you're getting the first Octron 2. You and Frank Marino were the ones who put the bug in my ear for individual foot switches for each signal.

To everyone else - thanks! I'm turning over a new leaf here at Foxrox. My new goal will be to answer all the emails that come in. With CC2 hanging over me, it's always geen a loosing fight.

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Fox

...To everyone else - thanks! I'm turning over a new leaf here at Foxrox. My new goal will be to answer all the emails that come in. With CC2 hanging over me, it's always geen a loosing fight.

Well, good riddance to the bastard then...;)

It was a GOOD run Dave...looking forward to new things...good to know that you will still be making the fuzz cards for the CC2, haven't quite gotten into the card swapping thing...another rabbit trail for my time but great to see how you adopted modular componentry to musical effect uses...take it easy!

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Fox

threm

Hang in there -you're getting the first Octron 2. You and Frank Marino were the ones who put the bug in my ear for individual foot switches for each signal.

Yeaaaaaaaah, Frank and I on top of the list!!!

happy%20kid.gif

:wave:

• Members

this is bad news, especially for those who did not make the list and were saving up or planning to get hold of this precious pedal.

I am the lucky owner of a CC2, it is without any doubt the best made pedal I have.

One day, I was shocked to find out the vibrato mode on my ProVibe stopped working. I emailed Dave and sent him an innard pic of my CC2 and he replied he could not see anything wrong with my unit so I plugged it in and indeed

vibrato working again.

Uri Geller must be jealous.

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

this is bad news, especially for those who did not make the list and were saving up or planning to get hold of this precious pedal.

I am the lucky owner of a CC2, it is without any doubt the best made pedal I have.

One day, I was shocked to find out the vibrato mode on my ProVibe stopped working. I emailed Dave and sent him an innard pic of my CC2 and he replied he could not see anything wrong with my unit so I plugged it in and indeed

vibrato working again.

Uri Geller must be jealous.

Seems like Dave's first hint of the CC2 going away or being limited production was back around 4/2004????.

• Members

Wow, I think this is actually the first discontinued pedal I have, except for an old AD9. I even had a CC1 way back - I remember the first time I read about that one, must have been around 1999-2000 on, I believe, rec.music.something...the good old days of newsgroups!

Wonder if I can have Analog.Man make me a BC108 fuzzcard?

• Members

Originally posted by Non-Digital Tom

Dave, there's NO WAY you can let the CC2 die without doing one last commemorative custom color batch (like the Crest Audio Fuzz Faces). I'll be first in line for one of those...
:)

Sign me up after Tom :thu: :thu:

Archived