Message to pedal builders: More eq pedals!

lowbasslowbass

• Members

A message to all the pedal builders who just read or are active members of this forum:

Please consider making some nice eq pedals!

You all make amazing effects, so I am absolutely sure you can design a great eq. And you will definitely make a profit since an eq is useful for any kind of music or instrument.

For example, Diamond Pedals has a very nice eq as part of the Diamond Compressor. I am sure they can make a seperate dedicated pedal that will be as amazing as their other products are.

Thank you!:wave:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

TAP TEMPO EQ PEDALS!!!!

TAP TEMPO EQ PEDALS!!!!

Sure, why not? Put a LFO on an EQ pedal and sweep it. Or better yet, several LFO's - one for each band, each with seperate (tappable of course ;) ) sweep times. I can't imagine what I'd use it for, but if someone built one, I'd probably buy it - if for no other reason than to support someone who was crazy enough to actually build a off the wall pedal idea that I tossed out off of the top of my head in a moment of silliness. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

Perhaps an eq in a wah shell. There would be a preset EQ shape in the heel and toe, and rocking the treadle would morph between them.

I don't know.

and a boost for the certain frequencies!

and when you rock the pedal cakc and forth it sounds like this:

"Wah Wah!"

:idea:

• Members

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

Perhaps an eq in a wah shell. There would be a preset EQ shape in the heel and toe, and rocking the treadle would morph between them.

I don't know.

That is a cool idea. A really cool idea actually. You'd need two 7 bands behind the wah IMO. I think it would be doable to, you have a CV powering 7 LEDS and 7 LDRS read the light and add Resistance to the bottom sliders base resistance. I don't know how you'd make the top sliders give them a resistance roof though. But I'm pretty sure it is doable.

My idea would be something like the Boss EQ-20, but with more presets and midi-control so you can sync it with a drum machine song (and it would recognize song changes too) So you can set up specific tones for each song and even have it automatically change settings mid song automatically. It would be very useful for recording.

• Members

I like the idea of an EQ pedal that has a bit of "colour" or grit to go along with the tone shaping. Seriously... why not? Each tone section could have it's own bit of unique character to add or subtract... imagine something like a treble / mid / bass boost in one pedal where each tone section had a particularly nice shape and colour as you brought them up or down.

Anything like that already? I've been mulling the idea over for a few months, but as usual... not time to innovate properly. Just swamping around the fuzz bog.

devi-

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

As far as graphic EQ pedals, I am happy with my Fish & Chips.
:)

A slight derail: I'm THIS close to getting a Boss GE 7, but I just noticed the Fish & Chips is about half the price (admittedly, neither costs much, but I'm really poor). Is there any real reason to not get the Fish & Chips instead of the Boss?

• Members

Originally posted by aliensex

A slight derail: I'm THIS close to getting a Boss GE 7, but I just noticed the Fish & Chips is about half the price (admittedly, neither costs much, but I'm really poor). Is there any real reason to not get the Fish & Chips instead of the Boss?

I haven't found any reason to buy the GE-7 over the Dano. The Dano is just as sturdy as anything and it sounds great.

• Members

Originally posted by scott_335

I would like a better ge-7 that is quieter and has a Q control for the sliders. Maybe even 3 Q controls for bass, mids, highs.

how much would you be prepared to pay?

boutiquers could easily build para and graphic eqs but I'm not sure most folks would want to pony up the price over and against the factory eqs out there.

Archived