No Vids/Pix from Waldorf ?

Synthoid

• Members

but seriously folks.. isn't this just a Q+ and Micro Q were looking at here? Do the panties need to get wadded that much?

If it were only that I wouldn't fret so much but the Stromberg looks to be the Q/XT hybrid many of us have been waiting for!

...hell, the stated ability to bolt on 16 real, honest-to-goodness analog filters may even make my DSI PEK superflous :eek:

Its gonna be wondrous :D:p

stromberg1.jpg

• Members

Well, my dealer has claimed that the new (last) Q+s (Phoenix as it turns out) are coming in a few weeks, rather than sometime in March which was an original estimate. Delivery estimates to dealers in EU who are actively chasing Waldorf that are moving forward are a good sign :)

B>

• Members

In that photo above it looks silver with illuminated keys!
:D

Which of course means that is a mockup, primarily a bare shell with a large light behind it. Many of the holes where the light is shining through will have knobs on them. Are they really going to be able to start shipping during 3Q 2007?

• Members

Which of course means that is a mockup, primarily a bare shell with a large light behind it. Many of the holes where the light is shining through will have knobs on them. Are they really going to be able to start shipping during 3Q 2007?

Not all of the holes have been punched either. ;)

• Members

This is almost funny.

Unbelievable.

Not at all. Standard practice.

Plenty of keyboards have been shown at NAMM in the pre-planning stages...usually under a glass case. I don't actually expect these to be in the shops until late this year...or early next ;)

The Bofeld should be out soon as its just a NANO in a box. The Q and Q+ final editions should be out right away as they only need a new paint job. The Zarenbourg looks like its closer than the Stromberg but will still be a while. Its early days yet.

Anyone remember the Kurzweil VA-1 virtual analog synth? Were they showing that at NAMM or is that project completely dead?

I did not see anything like that today.

Two new keyboards, one of them, dead. Blank screen, non working unit. The other one, an "affordable" keyboard.

Anything to be excited about from Kurzweil.

• Members

The Blomberg is more than micro Q I'm guessing/hoping.

Hmmm....? I am (also) guessing/un-hoping that the Blofeld is just a repackaging of the CME-nano card, in a new shiny box. -Cheap and surely great as it's based on the microQ, but nothing "new"... :confused:

Carbon111, do you have any info that we others dont' have?

• Members

:thu:
I'm using the same crystal ball as the rest of you lot
;)

I wish they'd move it to a freaking web forum, though. Mailing lists are so pre-1995. I mean, the nostalgia is great, but in these days of spam harvesters scanning the archives, I have gotten out of all my other mailing lists, and I haven't ever posted on the Waldorf list.

I actually used to run a mailing list with about 1000 members. I stopped when there was a massive rejection of my plan to migrate the list to a web forum.

It is a pain to log into my secondary gmail account to read the list mail.

Archived