.02 cents about the Ibanez DE-7.......

canucker1981

• Members

Memory Man, Memory Lane, DD-20, DD-3/5, Onerr Delay, Righteous Tone Electro-Glide, Digidelay, Boss mini Rack and a Keely modded AD-9(maybe a few more). All were great but so far the closest Ive come to getting the huge echo that Memory Man does is the DE-7 in echo mode. Minus the chorus of course. Memory Lane was close but I think the DE-7 does it better. If you could put a loop in the DE-7 and improve the footswitch and maybe the look of thing it would be the ultimate in analog modelling. I still can't believe how smooth that echo setting is.

• Members
Originally posted by canucker1981

Memory Man, Memory Lane, DD-20, DD-3/5, Onerr Delay, Righteous Tone Electro-Glide, Digidelay, Boss mini Rack and a Keely modded AD-9(maybe a few more). All were great but so far the closest Ive come to getting the huge echo that Memory Man does is the DE-7 in echo mode. Minus the chorus of course. Memory Lane was close but I think the DE-7 does it better. If you could put a loop in the DE-7 and improve the footswitch and maybe the look of thing it would be the ultimate in analog modelling. I still can't believe how smooth that echo setting is.

:love:

I love the de7, someone posted in another thread about the de7 sounding "cheap", and I was really suprised, I think it sounds incredible.

• Members

I'll see you in hell veil:evil: :mad::thu: Settings.... basically just keep the repeats up high and you get that tumbling echo that doesn't punce all over your dry signal. It gives you that "reach for the repeats knob to make sure my amp doesn't blow up" oscillation but at the last second you realize your still in the safe zone. I always found the Memory Man allowed the repeats to blend into a reverby sort of mess when you had the repeats up but never mangled your dry tone. Also its the way the echoes sort of have a bloomy sort of explosive feel to them when dial in at the appropriate level. Try the delay time at the middle setting on the switch and the time knob at about noon-1 . Repeats at 3pm or just under and the delay level at about 11. I was messing around doing some really slow vibrato with chords and had the same setting I just mentioned and it was a Memory Man to a "t".

• Members

Personally, I don't see myself using any other delay or echo pedal. I love my DE7. It's a great sounding pedal.

The price is unbelievable. I would gladly have paid $120 for one if that's what they were being sold at. Even then I'd still think I was ripping the dealer off.

Getting them for $70 though? That's just to good of a deal to pass up.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that all of the Tone-Lok Ibanez pedals I've tried have been great. I wouldn't mind having a whole board of them at all. :p

And, the ONLY way I could see someone saying it sounds "cheap" would be if they were a complete and blatant troll. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by sjaltenb

i got mine for $40
:D
Absolutely in love with it. Would love to add an expression pedal...mmm:idea:

Yup I see them for 30-50 bucks fairly regularly...although I suspect those prices will become more scare now that the secret is starting to get out. I need to grab one just for good measure.

• Members
Originally posted by utsapp89

Love mine.

dscn0083fc3.jpg
17 dorra. I can't see myself buying another delay pedal.

That is one killer, budget board. Everyone at the amp forum should spend a few minutes with one like that (and under $300!), and then try to say they don't like pedals.

• Members
Originally posted by utsapp89

Love mine.

dscn0083fc3.jpg
17 dorra. I can't see myself buying another delay pedal.

mna, that baby muff is soooo cute:). I have always had the best analog delays, etc, and I tried one last week. I was impressed, theres some good sounds in there. I may get one myself. its ugly, but sounds good. I dont think its a dm2 or anything but its got some cool sounds in that echo mode. maybe cause my analogs dont do 3 seconds!

Archived