I'm gonna cleanse my colon!!!!

tlchase68

• Members

Back in the nineteenth century, colon cleansing was the cure-all. Jethro Kloss recommended coffee and cayenne enemas. The Kellogg brothers (of Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Frosted Mini-Wheats, and Froot Loops fame) ran a sanitarium in Battle Creek which offered high colonics.

Take your body weight in pounds, divide the number in half, drink that many ounces of water daily.

Or not.

• Members

Not really a scam, because we do have a lot of SHTUFF inside us that doesn't need to be there. I heard from a few sources that John Wayne had 40 lbs of excrement inside his colon upon death. Why that piece of trivia is out there, I'm not sure. But I doubt that if true, he would be equally as healthy if the number was closer to zero lbs.

• Members

Not really a scam, because we do have a lot of SHTUFF inside us that doesn't need to be there. I heard from a few sources that John Wayne had 40 lbs of excrement inside his colon upon death. Why that piece of trivia is out there, I'm not sure. But I doubt that if true, he would be equally as healthy if the number was closer to zero lbs.

Show me a legitimate source. Better yet, direct me to a single GI surgeon who has ever documented finding "SHTUFF" inside a patient they were operating on.

Total scam folks. One of the oldest in the history of quackery.

• Members

Show me a legitimate source. Better yet, direct me to a single GI surgeon who has ever documented finding "SHTUFF" inside a patient they were operating on.

Total scam folks. One of the oldest in the history of quackery.

haha

• Members

there is only a handful of medical reasons to "cleanse" your colon and they all involve invasive procedures. The first is for preparation for colon surgery or a colonoscopy, like a colon resection (colectomy), in which the patient is given an enema (from above and below) to illicit clearance of stool. this helps with visualization during colonoscopy and stool contamination during surgery. some surgeons don't even do enemas anymore prior to surgery because there is evidence that this cause an unwanted inflammatory response. the other medical reason for possibly cleaning the bowel is for bezoar. some people don't digest food-stuff very easily and so the food get stuck in the stomach or the small bowel but rarely in the colon. sometimes the bezoar causes a bowel obstruction that can be life threatening. this needs surgical intervention. the kind of cleansing that this thread speaks of is of course UTTER BULL.

• Members

Apparently the "seaweed" is gelled contents of the colon cleanser.

psyllium/metamucil/fiber are well known in the medical field and are not cleansing agents. they promote clearance of stool by giving it more bulk. people who needs these are usual suspects of constipated individuals or your grandfather. these things don't clean.

• Members

I totally agree with the first post. HOWEVER, I tried a colon cleanser drink mix and it didn't turn out well. I bought this mix that came in a kool-aid like container and I was required to drink a glass of water with the mix added once a day. The stuff was so nasty I went 2 days and gave up. It tased to grotesque. It was like drinking sand water...

• Members

When I was going through basic training back in the day, we had a dude die from water intoxication in one of the other training squadrons. Dude was up all night drinking water from the sink cause He didn't want to Fail out of basic training and dissapoint his family / freinds. All the TI's (training instructors with smokey the bear hats) kept saying "hydrate hydrate hydrate". He apparently drank like 9 gallons from the sink.....

Hey URINATE FOREVER: How do you know what your mom's poop looks like? Does she forget to flush, or was it like "yo urinate forever, come check out my {censored}! it's got seaweed in it!"

Archived