Help Me Decide by Tonight!!

fuzzface71

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yes, 38 is stupid loud. Hell, 32 watts drowns a hard hitting drummer...

At least you're stuck in a beautiful indisposition...these are mighty fine choices you have!

My drummer pounds like hell, but he cries when I used to crank my Vox to 4-5. :D

• Members

I don`t know what you should do bit I`d go for the Deluxe clone.

Then I`d get a Durham Crazy Horse pedal. ;)
One day I would retolex the amp.

I`m another guy who never care about resale value.
Usually I buy stuff I regard as keepers with no intentions of selling.

• Members

For a grand I'd go with the Tweed Deluxe. Just because its beat up doesn't mean you won't be able to sell it for what you paid for it later on, especially if it sounds good.

Thats a bad price for a DRRI. I've seen them for as low as $550 BIN on Ebay.

The Vibroverb RI is a SWEET looking amp. And it has Tremolo. I would look into that one as well. How much?

• Members

For a grand I'd go with the Tweed Deluxe. Just because its beat up doesn't mean you won't be able to sell it for what you paid for it later on, especially if it sounds good.

Thats a bad price for a DRRI. I've seen them for as low as $550 BIN on Ebay.

The Vibroverb RI is a SWEET looking amp. And it has Tremolo. I would look into that one as well. How much?

The tweed on the 1st page is not the actual amp..the tweed's gonna be new and lacquered.

• Members

I've got a Maz 18 Reverb Head and I love it. Seems to be pedal friendly (even with my low budget pedals) and it is very sturdy. Lots of clean headroom. If you want to drive it, you can crank it and it will overdrive nicely on its own. I like the "Cut" knob. It can add a little more on the top end zing without that hissiness that characterize some presence controls.

The Fenders look and sound cool but the Dr. Z stands out IMO.

• Members
Agree on both! When I tried the Z's, it was perfect. It's a Fender, Vox hybrid which exactly what I need!!
:cool:

yea its got the el34's and then the KT45's.. man that amp is smokin

my band is actually about to record an album with my friend with the dr z.. and all my main dirty parts will be done on the DR Z 6545 and all my cleans will be probably on my twin reverb..

and then maybe some other special things..

• Members
Well right now. I decided I don't want the Deluxe Reverb. Like what I said something about it that I really don't like (maybe the blackface tone). I feel that I'm gonna sound like everyone else with the DRRI.

I'm gonna keep a eye on the Z, and I'm still gonna go and try out the tweed in our jamspace with the band this weekend.

But there's something that I saw that looked damn sexy that I'm GASing about right now! This one!
:eek:

vibrolux.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!:wave::mad:

Archived