Show your guitars!

inscho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my main bitch:
4566410239_f2e80dae6e_b.jpg

mim tele from 2001 with fender 59 reissue pickups, GFS ultralight three brass saddle bridge and treble bleed mod. its a workhorse. its been dropped and thrown and smacked and punched and ripped on since i got it. amp_surgeon bought it for me for my 19th b-day. i will never get rid of it.

the girl who got away:
DSC00833.jpg

sold it when times got tough and i had no where to turn for money. one huge regret. i can get another though, so it stings but i will have another.

• Members

Mmmmm yeah. I love that bigsby on the falcon.

I agree. The Bigsby on my EGC Chessie is so {censored}ing fickle and with any kind of real aggressive manipulation the guitar flies out out tune. The Bigsby on the Falcon however is brilliant. Aside from the bent wire wiggle arm looking / feeling bad ass it is a much more reliable Bigsby with regards to tuning stability.

O and that Gretsch Twang and clarity is to die for... but you already know that. :)

• Members

I agree. The Bigsby on my EGC Chessie is so {censored}ing fickle and with any kind of real aggressive manipulation the guitar flies out out tune. The Bigsby on the Falcon however is brilliant. Aside from the bent wire wiggle arm looking / feeling bad ass it is a much more reliable Bigsby with regards to tuning stability.

O
and that Gretsch Twang and clarity is to die for
... but you already know that.
:)

Oh yeah it's my favorite guitar but my guild is a very close second. Seriously love the look of the bent wire arm its just bad ass I would love a 6122 with a bigsby like that.

• Members

It took me what seemed like a lifetime to finally spring for the White Falcon, which I considered my Holy Grail. Now the quest has begun for a White Falcon Jr.

Those are so rare! I didn't even knew they made a white falcon jr until after I found my annie jr. There is a few videos of dudes with them on YouTube and they look so amazing. I bought my Annie brand new early last year from a shop that had them since 2004! The shop is in a small town and apparently they ordered 2 of every junior model that came out 6118, 6120, 6122 and the white falcon jr. My Annie was the only junior left I'm surprisednobody bought it it had been sitting around for 6 years and played like a {censored}ing dream. The stock strings were so wore out from sitting around ans getting played by randoms for 6+ years but hot damn I was sold. :thu:

• Members

Those are so rare! I didn't even knew they made a white falcon jr until after I found my annie jr. There is a few videos of dudes with them on YouTube and they look so amazing. I bought my Annie brand new early last year from a shop that had them since 2004! The shop is in a small town and apparently they ordered 2 of every junior model that came out 6118, 6120, 6122 and the white falcon jr. My Annie was the only junior left I'm surprisednobody bought it it had been sitting around for 6 years and played like a {censored}ing dream. The stock strings were so wore out from sitting around ans getting played by randoms for 6+ years but hot damn I was sold.
:thu:

Rare indeed and all the more cruel not one, but two White Falcon Jr.s have slipped through my fingers in 2011. Never again.

• Members
:love:
:love:

Any way to wire those for the new bass contour knob? It's a pretty great innovation. I hope Joe Naylor (who owns the patent) licenses the {censored} out it, makes millions, and start building some more MIA guitars.

I have it on the Flatroc and I dig it for taking some of the mud out when using overdrive, but I actually prefer the coil taps (particularly on the bridge pups) on the Roccos. For me and my playing style, they are very practical. Instant strat/tele hybrid tone. Also, the middle position (neck and bridge pups on) with the coil in the bridge tapped is really sparkly in a good way and a tone I use quite a bit, and I like being able to switch between single and double coils with the flick of a switch. I wouldn't change them. Some more MIAs would be great. Maybe eventually they'll do some short runs, kind of like the Fen/Gib custom shops.

• Members

SSBPBFRONTVIEW.jpg

I have a Chandler like that. Whats you fav tuning? I tried C6 but it was just too different. Went to high bass G just like my dobro.

120201-123657.jpg

So....COOL!!!!

Thanks. The Bigsby works great for light use/rockabilly/surf things. I bought the Epi on impulse, had no use for a hard rock guitar, but I liked the Korina look and the pickups were surprisingly versatile. Also I like how the large upper bought felt almost like an acoustic under my arm, and how comffortable the guitar was to play, standing or sitting.

With the roller bridge and the Bigsby, this thing REALLY TWANGS.

• Members
IMG_5777.jpg

I'm thinking about getting a pickguard made with Gibson mini-hums for the red guitar (most likely LP Deluxe-style, but firebird pups are tempting too). I've got some overlap, but I gig regularly and they all get played.

That green and gold looks great. That's the color I was going to get for my Slingshot back in the day, but I got a demo off the website instead:

cGo0Yl.jpg

Apparently it was the second one they ever put a killswitch in, after a custom job for Kid Rock. So if I ever meet him we'll have something to talk about... I'm going to get new pickups soon because something in the neck PU went bad so it's currently wired without the phase switch, which I miss. I love that guitar, though. I've had it for 11 years and I think I paid $425.

• Members

Bad pictures, but here's my group.

Homemade thinline bastard tele:
Photo14-1.jpg

69 Gibson B25 12 string:
Photo4-2.jpg

Homemade Firebird:
Photo9-1.jpg

60s Framus acoustic that I turned into a thinline hollowbody electric:
Photo14.jpg

Silvertone 1448:
0427101950-00.jpg