Hillsong United -- Fuzz Factory setting?

BTBAM

• Members

bleah. those are two of the worst guitarists imho.... horrid HORRID lines...

bad tone, too. hoenstly, i might suggest not taking ANYTHING from them.
:D

I'll take their pedals and Gretsch's from them :thu:

• Members

bleah. those are two of the worst guitarists imho.... horrid HORRID lines...

bad tone, too. hoenstly, i might suggest not taking ANYTHING from them.

Who would you recommend then? Not being antagonistic, but a genuine question

• Members

But for being possibly the two most influential and prominent guitar players for christian music, they're gear certainly isn't extravagent by any means.

i think the one guy even tries to play with a silverface twin....can he not afford a real twin??

are you serious? Mind telling me just whats wrong with a silverface twin? I think there gear is nice. If it works for them then whats it to you? :rolleyes:

• Members

i also don't really think they are known for being prominent guitarists in Christian music, by any means. Hillsong is a rather popular praise group, along with United, and I think they just do their thing. Its just a little closer to the current trends than Chris Tomlin and even Crowder.

• Members

i understand what your saying, but i fail to understand why a silverface twin and the rest of there gear isn't 'professional'.... I've seen some of the greatest rock stars on earth use cheap, mass produced, 'crappy' gear.... and it didn't make them any less 'professional'...

i play through a Pro Jr, why? because i like it. It's small, lightweight, and it's easy to mic up and it wont kill everyone onstage. I have a '65 deluxe reverb, and i had a '59 bassman, and i could have bought a DrZ, but i got the pro jr instead... doesn't make me less professional.

• Members

haha. well, yes. i think i might, too...

But for being possibly the two most influential and prominent guitar players for christian music, they're gear certainly isn't extravagent by any means.

i think the one guy even tries to play with a silverface twin....can he not afford a real twin??

a real twin?

whatever

• Members

That might be the dumbest thing I've read on HC in a long time. And how the {censored} do you know he hasn't had his rewired to "end all be all" AB763 specs???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members

Well...thats not why I play. I want everyone to look at me. so i buy the flashiest stuff, and play the wildest solos with the weirdest effects. I want to stand out so that everyone will walk away remembering who played guitar that weekend and rocked their face.

• Members

haha. well, yes. i think i might, too...

if it says Fender twin what makes it not a fender twin? thats a bit of a retarded question. Sure the different models have minor differences that when compared in a stage sence the audience will not care b/c they will not be able to tell the difference..

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:rolleyes::freak:

• Members

Again, not bad. But if you've got the biggest budget in Christian music, shouldn't you just blow away everyone else with your professionalism?

I get to meet them in a few weeks, as they are playing at the church my full time gig is at, so i guess i'll get to see first hand..... i'm really hoping they wont disappoint...
:)

I'm sorry, but the two top guitarists for Hillsongs deserve to have the best gear in the business. They don't. They have good gear. Not the best.

1) Blow people away with professionalism? This is worship.

2) The church your full time gig is at? This is worship , not a gig.

3)They should have the best gear...so...that they get big heads, and live for the money so they can get the best girls on the tour bus to have sex with and all the good alcohol and drugs at all the cool parties?

I'm not trying to diss at all, but....i mean....really, it's not about all that.

Plus again...the fender twin is a hot amp. :thu:

Now....uh....Back to the fuzz factory settings. Someone recreate it, find it's setting!

• Members

Now....uh....Back to the fuzz factory settings. Someone recreate it, find it's setting!

i reckon hey, who cares bout the "best" gear, im pretty sure their "big budget" if it even is, probly doesnt buy guitarists effects. considering that some of the guitarists are in other bands, the gear would be there own.

i got no idea bout that tone, not having a ff i cant try to make it

anybody else?

Archived