Anybody like the boss fz-2 or boss fz-3?

• Members

Like em both. But for classic FZ-3 type fuzz tones, you might as well go with one of the many (true bypass) alternatives that's ot there nowadays.

Like others said, the FZ-2 is a whole other kind of animal. Nasty, filthy, downright unmusical if you don't watch out. I love mine, it's basicly my poor man's Superfuzz as well my doom/sludge machine. But in the fuzz spectrum, I'd say it's about at the oposite end of the more civilised FZ-3.

Get both, ask questions laterwink.gif

• Members

Like em both. But for classic FZ-3 type fuzz tones, you might as well go with one of the many (true bypass) alternatives that's ot there nowadays.

Like others said, the FZ-2 is a whole other kind of animal. Nasty, filthy, downright unmusical if you don't watch out. I love mine, it's basicly my poor man's Superfuzz as well my doom/sludge machine. But in the fuzz spectrum, I'd say it's about at the oposite end of the more civilised FZ-3.

Get both, ask questions laterwink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
Would.
Would let you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
Anyone used the digital FZ-5? Seems like a good way to get a few different fuzz flavors in one pedal if it doesn't sound like dogshit.
Haven't tried it, although I've heard some people say good things.

Personally just feel like staying away from digital sim pedals whenever possible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Agitator

View Post

Anyone used the digital FZ-5? Seems like a good way to get a few different fuzz flavors in one pedal if it doesn't sound like dogshit.

Versatility is overrated. I'm no vintage snob or analog purist either, but digital fuzz is like jerkin off: It'll get the job done if you don't wanna spend 100 bucks to get the real thing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Snufkino

View Post

I've tried a few super fuzz clones, but I found the FZ-2 was terrible. Sounds more like a distortion with a super-fuzz type octave thing going on. Wouldn't use it if you're not playing really heavy doom stuff idn_smilie.gif

"terrible" is subjective, but I can tell you that it sounds very close to my original Super Fuzz and my BYOC Super Fuzz Clone. I didn't realize that it was a Super Fuzz clone when I bought it, but when I compared them, it was obvious because it sounded so close.

Archived