oT: super smash bros. melee - any players here? tips to offer me?

hangwire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I play the original version, and have played melee numerous times, and it's almost a bit like guitar, while you can get tips, it just takes enjoyable playing time to get better.
That said, here's a few tips.
1. make sure you know about every move i.e. a, direction a, b, direction b, grab, smash, dodge, etc
2. learn to use the smash without using the c stick, it's a lot faster and you can charge it as to time things perfectly.
3. when trying to get back on to the stadium, use your jump, then wait until the last possible moment to use your recovery (up b) (with samus you can sometimes use your down b as a recovery)
4. learn to use your dodge and your shield, if someone is about to hit you, it makes sense.
5. use your grab and throw people behind you, with samus it sends them further.
6. if there's a lot of people around, use your down smash.
7. try other characters on your own, just to get better overall if you have the time.
8. with items, some of them are better if you just throw them at people (r direction) they usually send people pretty far.
9. press b when you're hanging on to the edge of the stadium, you'll climb up and do an attack
10. if you're flying through the air, and your character has woken up, you can press dodge and it will stop your momentum.

Archived